We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Concerned about Paradisus Palma Real

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Concerned about Paradisus Palma Real

I am scheduled to stay at the PPR the first week of December and the recent reviews are starting to scare me - especially the concern over the roaches! I am also a little concerned about the water and electricity too. I am just wondering if these issues are common or if it is just a few people who have encountered them.

South Caorlina
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Concerned about Paradisus Palma Real

I am getting concerned as well. I am going on the 17th of December and am really worried about the extreme of mixed reviews. I've ready some GREAT reviews and some HORRIBLE reviews. It's like there's no in between........ uh oh

Connecticut
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Concerned about Paradisus Palma Real

Hello,

We are going on the 18th of November and yes the past 2 reviews are a little concerning. Take it all with a grain of salt, most of the time a vacation is what you decide to make of it. I do hope there are no roaches around though!!

JJTKCT

Connecticut
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Concerned about Paradisus Palma Real

Hello,

We are going on the 18th of November and yes the past 2 reviews are a little concerning. Take it all with a grain of salt, most of the time a vacation is what you decide to make of it. I do hope there are no roaches around though!!

JJTKCT

Orangeville, ON
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Concerned about Paradisus Palma Real

We are going on the 12th of November and am also very concerned about the roaches. They couldn't hitch a ride home with us, could they? That's the last thing I need.

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Concerned about Paradisus Palma Real

OMG - I didn't even think about "bring them home" - great one more thing to worry about. I just got my tickets from the travel agent yesterday so I guess there really is no turning back. I have just gone from being excited to nervous though.

I think I do go very open minded and not look at the little things that go wrong, but I really don't know how easy it would be for me to just ignore roaches and pretend that they didn't bother me.

I am laughing as I write this b/c it will be just my luck to end up with bugs in paradise! Here's hoping to a roach free trip!

tenerife spain
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting Concerned about Paradisus Palma Real

Try to get a room on 2 or 3 floor,roaches are mostly found on ground floor (as long as this is not the flying ones that also exists)

new york
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting Concerned about Paradisus Palma Real

We are going the first week of january. Can you let us know what you find when you go?

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting Concerned about Paradisus Palma Real

bump

toronto canada
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting Concerned about Paradisus Palma Real

You really need to start reading feedback on these resorts BEFORE you book.... I made the same mistake as you last year with Cancun... some reviews were good some we awful .... I had a terrible time...

Now I wont even consider a resort that has mixed reviews.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting Concerned about Paradisus Palma Real

The most recent review was good, though. We had the best time ever at Le Blanc. In Cancun. Even that amazing place had mixed reviews for a while.