We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about trip to Iberostar Bavaro

Northern New York
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about trip to Iberostar Bavaro

Hi folks,

This is our very first trip to the DR and to an all-inclusive resort. For anyone who has traveled to the DR recently, and especially to the Iberostar Bavaro, could I ask a few questions? Thanks in advance for any advice!

1)Other than having lots of singles for tips, how important is it to have cash on hand? Do you need cash at the markets I've heard about down the beach? If cash is needed, is US currency acceptable, or should we exchange before we get to the resort?

2) While I promise we won't be watching much TV while we're there, it is NFL playoff season... Will we be able to see any of the games either in our room or in a public room at the resort?

3) Any other general advice for our first trip!?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
72 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about trip to Iberostar Bavaro

We just returned a couple of days ago from Iberostar Bavaro (our second trip).

1. Yes, you should bring singles for tips and US $$$ is king. The market down the beach takes dollars (be sure to haggle with them).

2. US TV stations available were ABC, Fox, ESPN, ESPN 2, TNT, CNN, WGN, TBS, Disney, and Cartoon.

This is a wonderful resort and you'll enjoy. Make your dinner reservations early, as the good times tend to fill up. We found the steakhouse and Japanese to be our favorites.

2. Re: Questions about trip to Iberostar Bavaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 02:20