We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How bad are the mosquitoes in Punta Cana

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
How bad are the mosquitoes in Punta Cana

How bad are the mosquitoes in Punta Cana? I'd love to hear from someone that actually gets bit by mosquitoes when they are around-not those who never get a bite (lucky you).

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How bad are the mosquitoes in Punta Cana

You can encounter tiny mosquitoes which I call "no see-ums". They are small but give a wicked itchy little bite! They usually bothered us in the early evening. We sprayed our feet/ankles/legs before we went to dinner and were fine.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How bad are the mosquitoes in Punta Cana

Notaseasonedtraveler

I bet it would work, but also try and drink the tonic water. At least once a day

T

ONT, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: How bad are the mosquitoes in Punta Cana

I think it depends on where you are. Most if not all resorts spray for mosquitos so you should be alright. And yes, if you like tonic water definitly drink it, it helps ward off the mosquitos. But if your concerned about getting bitten definitly take something, because it will be expensive to purchase it at your resort for sure!!!

floridagirltravels
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How bad are the mosquitoes in Punta Cana

I stayed at the RIU Palace PC in August and didn't get bit once and I am highly proned to getting bit, so I was surprised cause I brought 2 different kinds of bug spray. Of course, we didn't go off the resort much so I don't know if it is worse anywhere else.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
818 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How bad are the mosquitoes in Punta Cana

Just wear a rope of garlic around your neck and wave your arms wildly everywhere you go. ;-) Just kidding! I didn't have a problem getting bit when I was there, and I always get bitten. Oddly, the mosquitos were the most thick right around our hotel room door and our balcony. We never had a problem walking around the resort esp when we were close to the beach.

16. Re: How bad are the mosquitoes in Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 14:18