We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passports

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lakewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Passports

I'm hoping someone can help me with this question. My family and I have been to Cancun Mexico about 5 times now. This summer we are looking to go to Punta Cana. We are going the beginning of August, we all need passports. How far in advance should we get them ? How much do the cost ?

P.S. Anyone stay at the RIU Palace Macao, how was it ?

Ashland, Kentucky
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Passports

It takes about 6- wks to get one back. Mine costs about 100$ and I got it from the post office.

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Passports

The cost for passports are: 16 years of age and older-$97 total($67 passport application fee + $30 execution fee) and it is good for 10 years. under 16 years of age- $82 total($52 application fee + $30 execution fee) and I believe they are good for 5 years( that I'm not 100% sure of. They are taking about 6 weeks to process. You can apply at the court house or the post office. I hope this helps.

John

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passports

Just a quick tip when getting a passport. If you are a AAA member, they will take your photo for free if you are a premium member, if you are just a regular member, I think it only costs $13.00. We ended paying $30.00 each at Sears.

Also, if you have your original birth certificate and SS card and Driver's license it usually takes about 4 weeks.

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Passports

Photos are only $7.95 at Walgreens Drugstores.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,025 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passports

$8 at AAA for regular members, Had ours done a few weeks ago. Much cheaper than at the post office!

Wellington, Ohio
Level Contributor
561 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Passports

I believe that they are saying 10 weeks on the passports right now. Since the change is going into effect there may be some delays in processing due to increased volume. I just took my daughter to get her passport 2 weeks ago so I don't really expect to get it back until around March. I would recommend that you go ahead and get them now. That way if there are any problems and you need to send in additional paperwork, etc., you have plenty of time to get your issues resolved.

Don't have any info on RIU Palace Macao since I stayed at

Excellence. My husband and I were there at the beginning of August and the weather was fantastic. Granted it was a bit hot, but we only had rain twice the entire week there. Enjoy your trip!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Passports

Like the above posts say passport fees are pretty standard. But you can shop around for photos. Wallmart was about $6

Lakewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Passports

I want to Thank Everyone who posted replies to my "Passport" issue. Thanks again and everyone have a Great Day !

9. Re: Passports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 05:25