We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any advice???

Howell, Michigan
7 posts
Save Topic
any advice???

First time going to DR-very excited! We've been to Jamaica twice, Mexico and Turks And Caicos. We are staying at Princess Punta Cana Resort/Spa....any suggestions/recommendations? How does DR compare to other islands?

Franklin, Tn
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any advice???

For me, it's the BEST!!!! Wonderful beaches, all inclusive is the only way to travel in DR. If you play golf, do try La Cana course there in Punta Cana...worth the money. Just returned late last night from our THIRD trip to Punta Cana, staying 9 days this time. You will be very impressed in comparing to other places you mentioned. Try the mango dacquiries!!!!! Enjoy! Also, if you have enough time (an entire day--15 1/2 hrs) do go to Bay of Samana to see the humpback whales.....we saw at least a dozen, with baby in tow.....got within 50-75 yards. Take food/beverage from your resort....it's a long trip, but the very very best. Once in a lifetime!!!

Franklin, Tn
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any advice???

For me, it's the BEST!!!! Wonderful beaches, all inclusive is the only way to travel in DR. If you play golf, do try La Cana course there in Punta Cana...worth the money. Just returned late last night from our THIRD trip to Punta Cana, staying 9 days this time. You will be very impressed in comparing to other places you mentioned. Try the mango dacquiries!!!!! Enjoy! Also, if you have enough time (an entire day--15 1/2 hrs) do go to Bay of Samana to see the humpback whales.....we saw at least a dozen, with baby in tow.....got within 50-75 yards. Take food/beverage from your resort....it's a long trip, but the very very best. Once in a lifetime!!!

Howell, Michigan
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: any advice???

We are going April 14th-22nd-the whales are gone by then are they not? Thanks so much for the info..

Toronto
Level Contributor
124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any advice???

You will not regret! This is my 4th trip to Punta Cana, as I have yet to find beaches that match the beauitful Bavaro Beach.

Enjoy!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any advice???

beachbunne, Ditto. Both the hubbie and I traveled before our marriage, so, when we went to PC, we were looking for a place neither of us had been. We fell in love with Bavaro Beach. IMHO, the best beach around.

higgins237, You are going to love the Bavaro Beach. It is spectacular. Where have you stayed in Jamaica and Mexico?

Enjoy your stay!

PRIZE

Toronto
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: any advice???

Could somebody tell me if the Ocean Blue resort is on Bavaro beach. I know it is a little north of most of the resorts. Just curious!

Thanks Jay!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any advice???

I believe the Ocean Blue is next to the Iberostar properties. Yes, it is on the beautiful Bavaro Beach!

PRIZE

Toronto
Level Contributor
124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any advice???

i think it's on a different part of the ocean than most of bavaro beach though...we stayed at Bahia Principe last year and the beach was better towards the very right (looking at the ocean).

Can someone confirm?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any advice???

I am looking at a map. If you are facing the ocean at the Majestic and you turn right, accorrding to the map the resorts are as follows: the Bahia Principe, the Riu Properties, the Iberostars and then Ocean Blue. They are all pretty close on the map. Yes, the Ocean Blue is on the Bavaro Beach. After Ocean Blue, still heading right there is, at least according to this map posted by Gregg on Debbies, you will find. LTI, Punta Cana Princess, Caribe Club Princess , Paradissus, Bavaro Princess, Occidental Flamenco, Fiesta, Cortecito In, Carabela, Ocean Bavaro Topical Bavaro Plama Real Melia Villas Bavaro/IFA, Barcelo Natura Park, Occidenal Allegro Punta Cana Grand, Catalonia and much further, Club Med.

While facing the ocean, to the left of the Majestic, SC Breezes, Sunscape the Beach, Sirenis and Excellence. Those resorts are on the playas uvero alta(sp). From photos and reading, the sand is tan/brown and the water is more rough.

Hope this helped,

PRIZE

ontario canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: any advice???

Natura Park, Allegro Punta Cana, and Globalia Punta Cana Grand are side by each on one strip of beach. North of Natura Park is several miles of protected park land with a beautiful secluded beach.

If you have any questiions on this specific area I can probably help.

We are on our way back in Mar for the 3rd year in a row.