We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips from GBP Cayacoa

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trips from GBP Cayacoa

I'm staying at GBP Cayacoa in a couple of weeks and have been looking at trips. My family (wife, 2 boys) really want to do the Dolphin Swim and Sea Lion Encounter at Ocean World. Looking at the Thomson excursions web site we can pre-book the trip which includes both Dolphin, Sea Lions,entrance and transfer for £107.16 (adult) and £83.64 (child) which to me seems good but I'm not sure if we would be better waiting until we are in DR to see if there are better/cheaper options (especially given that quite a few people have warned of Thomson overcharging for trips). Plus if anyone has any good suggestions of other trips that would appeal to a family please let me know.

rochester
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips from GBP Cayacoa

Hi Sol37, my partner and I were at GBP Cayacoa in June. Wont comment on dolphin and sealion encounters as they should be in the ocean, not held captive!! Must tell you though, we had two days out with a guy whom lives in Samana, his name is Terry Lee Bandi, who is an american. We were driven in his 4*4, and visited Devils Blow-hole, which was just awesome! Also went to Rincon beach, which will blow you away, a trully beautiful beach, also had lunch there. Lots of time for swimming and snorkelling, and lots of stops at places of interest. Next day we went to Limon waterfall, the horses at this place are amazing, taking you down the trail, and the guides stay with you from start to finish. The waterfall is breathtaking, and a definate must-see!! After our adventure we had a really hearty lunch, which was simple but delicious. We then went off-road to Playa Moron, another beautiful beach for a few hours. Throughout these trips Terry stayed with us, and we felt completely safe. If you want some trips which are fun and exciting, slightly adventurous, with a guide who cares that you have agreat time, then forget the usual boring bus trips by holiday companies. Give Terry an e-mail, all of your family will have some days out you will never forget, and thats a promise. He is a member of trip adviser, should have no problem contacting him. Have a great holiday, it really is a wonderful country! Fiona

rochester
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips from GBP Cayacoa

E-mail is toursamanawithterry@hotmail.com

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips from GBP Cayacoa

Hi Kentish-gal. Many thanks for your reply and trip ideas. I have done what you suggested and dropped Terry an email. Hopefully we can organise some trips to see the sites you mentioned - they sound well worth it. Cheers again

Orpington, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trips from GBP Cayacoa

Hi Sol37,

Like Fiona(Kentish-Gsl) we also went with Terry for 2 excursions in May, both trips were fab. and value for money. Although we have been on another holiday since, my daughter still talks about the fun and memory of the trips that we had with Terry.

You can read my post on 29th May or paste this onto your browser:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147294-i1628-k275…

Have a good holiday.

rochester
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trips from GBP Cayacoa

hi sol37. Just read your review for gbp cayacoa, glad you booked your trips via Terry, thought you would appreciate his style. Hope your next trip is as much fun.

6. Re: Trips from GBP Cayacoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2010, 04:16