We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings at the Bahia Cayo Levantado

Level Contributor
382 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Weddings at the Bahia Cayo Levantado

Curious as to whether anyone has had or attended a wedding at the Levantado and what it was like.

How is the beach compared to other beaches - from reviews it doesn't sound like it is a walkingt beach.

Is there snokeling right off the beach area? Do they offer diving excursions?

Mississauga
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weddings at the Bahia Cayo Levantado

I have been to the resort, not to a wedding, so I can only comment on the beach and snorkelling. The beach is not a walking beach in the same sense as Punta Cana or other areas of the carribean. There is peninsula where one side offers rough waves for those who enjoy swimming in waves and a calm side for snorkelling and swimming without waves just a few meters away. The sand is light but not as soft and powdery as Punta Cana is known for. They have kayaks and catamarans, I believe they offer diving excursions (not positive).

Level Contributor
382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weddings at the Bahia Cayo Levantado

thank you for your response - was the beach some what of a dissappointment - did you enjoy your stay at that resort?

Mississauga
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weddings at the Bahia Cayo Levantado

Absolutely loved the resort, we stayed in Villa 4 on the second floor with a gorgeous ocean view and the largest balcony which had a bistro table and two chairs on one side and a loveseat, chair and coffee table on the other, with plenty of room to still walk. the room was also very large with a sitting area. The beach was in no way a disappointment for us, it depends on your expectations and what you are looking for. My boyfriend would enjoy swimming in the waves on the one side, then we would go to the calm side and snorkel for a bit. Like I said the sand is not as white or soft, I am not sure if this is because of the excess of coral off shore but it is still not rocky or dark. The beach itself is not a walking beach but if you want to walk the resort grounds are very lush and there are plenty of paths around the resort which people use to get to villas and the quieter pools. You could walk and sometimes see very few people, the occasional trolley which people with limited mobility could use, and the small trucks that deliver room service or the guys who stalk the bar. There is also tennis courts and a gym.

4. Re: Weddings at the Bahia Cayo Levantado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2011, 05:17