We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Haitises & Cayo Leventado Excursion with Terry - Oct. 20

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
87 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Los Haitises & Cayo Leventado Excursion with Terry - Oct. 20

Hey guys,

Please disregard the post in the Los Terrenas forum. I meant it to go in the Samana Peninsula forum.

My husband and I are trying to organize a group of people for an excursion led by Terry Bandi to Los Haitises National Park and Cayo Leventado on October 20. Terry Bandi is an excellent and very knowledgeable tour guide and is highly regarded by many tourists who have gone through him in the past.

This tour includes a fun boat ride across the bay. Enjoy the scenery along the peninsula from the middle of the bay. A vantage point that you don't get anywhere else. The National Park is very beautiful and lush. The tour consists of small islands that are bird sanctuaries, mangroves and caves. The caves are where you find the pictographs on the walls from some of the original Taino Indians that were wiped out by the Spanish. The caves in themselves are worth seeing because they are very large.

This excursion includes a stop at Cayo Levantado for a typical Dominican buffet lunch at the end of this excursion. Once again all your drinks are included except when at the restaurant on Cayo Levantado. Spend the rest of your day relaxing along the crystal blue waters of this island paradise resort. (please note you will only be allowed access to the public beach side even if you are staying at one the sister hotels).

This excursion is excellent value. Resorts will charge $30US just for a half day trip to Cayo Leventado without lunch. The price of the excursion per person will decrease with the more people joining it. If we can get 4 people together, it will $90 per person. For 5-6 people, it is $85 per person. For 7-8 people, it is $80 per person, and for 9 or more people it is $75 per person.

We will be joining this excursion from our resort on the mainland --- we are staying at GBP Cayacoa --- but arrangements can be made by Terry to pick up those tourists staying at Cayo Leventado who are interested. If you are interested, you can reply to this post or you can contact Terry at toursamanawithterry@hotmail.com

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Haitises & Cayo Leventado Excursion with Terry - Oct. 20

this trip is definately something you should try to do if visiting samana. to get to see both the beautiful and interesting park and also cayo levantado in one excursion you will not be disappointed in at any age. and to think in the right months you might also get to see the whales. you will be blessed to see one of the true wilderness paradises, enjoy, ben

Edited: 08 September 2010, 01:49
Edmonton
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Haitises & Cayo Leventado Excursion with Terry - Oct. 20

Another thought to consider...my wife and I are bringing baseball gloves, balls, backpacks etc to donate to local kids. If you can spare a little room for a mitt or a backpack, please do. We can add it to our pile and donate it all at once. Even if its just one baseball glove...it will go to good use.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Haitises & Cayo Leventado Excursion with Terry - Oct. 20

Just a reminder folks, we still have room on this excursion for those who are interested....let me know.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Haitises & Cayo Leventado Excursion with Terry - Oct. 20

Still room if your considering an excursion to the national park. Let us know if your interested or have questions.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Haitises & Cayo Leventado Excursion with Terry - Oct. 20

We just need a few more people to make this a very reasonable $85 per person. If you want to know more about Los Haitises, try the wikkipedia link on it, or try an image search on google...its stunning.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Haitises & Cayo Leventado Excursion with Terry - Oct. 20

Unfortunatley it looks like it maybe the end of the road for this one. If you are going to be in Cayacoa on this date and are interested in this excursion (or need more info), please let me know before this Friday (October 1). If we don't get anymore interest expressed, we will likely have to cancel.

Thanks

7. Re: Los Haitises & Cayo Leventado Excursion with Terry - Oct. 20

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2011, 05:20