We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo Levantado Weather - February

Cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Cayo Levantado Weather - February

Hi folks, I'm looking to go to Cayo Levantado at the end of Jan, early Feb for two weeks but am not sure what the weather is like at this time of the year. The various weather websites contradict each other, some say nice and hot, some say showery with cool evenings!

Could any destination experts, or anyone who has been at this time of year advise what the daytime weather is like, whether the sea is warm and whether it's warm in the evening?

Thanks all!

Mississauga
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cayo Levantado Weather - February

We were there mid Feb last year, we had two rainy cool days but the rest of the time it was sunny and very warm. There was actually two days that were almost unbearably hot (which I never say) maybe 35 or so.

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cayo Levantado Weather - February

Samana area in February is almost always perfect weather every day. It's the very best time to be here. It does get cool at night, maybe 70F. (That's cool for me since I've lived here for 8 years now.) Expect passing showers at night time.

We do get an occasional shower at times during the day but lots of sun is the norm.

Mentioned in this post
Samana Province
Samana Province
Dominican Republic
Leicestershire
Level Contributor
160 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cayo Levantado Weather - February

Hi Terry

Does the same apply in December?

Thanks

Peter

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cayo Levantado Weather - February

Generally December will have more rainy days but still be pretty nice.

Uk
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cayo Levantado Weather - February

I am looking to book anytime between feb and may , any suggestions as to the best time for the weather?

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cayo Levantado Weather - February

Historically Feb. is perfect weather. March is usually very good too at the beginning.

Uk
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cayo Levantado Weather - February

thats perfect thanks am looking to book mid feb cant wait to get it all done!

Kent,UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cayo Levantado Weather - February

Hi - if you booked which tour operator did you use? I am trying to book for 2012 but cannot get any quotes so need some advice please.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cayo Levantado Weather - February

Hi,

I didn't book in the end although I was looking at Thompson from London - you need to select flights to Dom Rep - Samana for the Cayo Levantado results...

Cheers.

Mentioned in this post
Samana Province
Samana Province
Dominican Republic
10. Re: Cayo Levantado Weather - February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2012, 11:18