We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roll Call Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa Nov 13 - Nov 23rd

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Roll Call Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa Nov 13 - Nov 23rd

Going back to Cayacoa in 47 days! Can't wait, we really enjoyed our time there last time we went!

leics
Level Contributor
421 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Roll Call Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa Nov 13 - Nov 23rd

We'll be arriving as you leave...

Can anyone tell me the name/website of the dive centre at the hotel - I assume there is one (as it says so in the brochures), but Im' struggling to find it...

Ballina, Ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roll Call Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa Nov 13 - Nov 23rd

We are going in January, I can't wait. Can you tell me more about the place from your memory? I love to leave hotels and meet the locals, etc, any little stories you have from last time will be brilliant to hear. Also is the pool big or small? is it deep? stuff like that.

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roll Call Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa Nov 13 - Nov 23rd

They are called Scubaquatic I believe but I don't think they have a website.

There are also about 2-3 other dive shops in the area that take you to even better places than the dive shop at the hotel.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roll Call Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa Nov 13 - Nov 23rd

http://www.diving-watersports.com/ for water sports and diving

terry(toursamanawithterry) for excursions

happy travels, ben

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roll Call Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa Nov 13 - Nov 23rd

Everything is still fresh in our minds as we just came back begining of April. The pool with medium sized... It wasn't 2000 people resort big (my significant others words as he is looking over my shoulder right now) but enough size that you could relax comfortably. It wasn't metres deep but enough to keep you refreshed :) We honestly only stayed in the hotel pool one of the 8 days we were there as we were always either in town, at the beach or quadding across the penisula.

Town was awesome.. if you get the opportunity, leave the hotel shops and have a walk around. We found a souvenir shop that was around the bay where the lady and her husband were very sweet and kind and their prices were way more reasonable than the jacked up hotel ones. I have her card somewhere, I will get you the name. We also had some beers in town with some locals, which was awesome.. the language barrier was there but with a little help from our spanish english dictionary we were able to have a conversation.

We rented quads from the hotel ($45 a day for quads, 35 for motorbike) and drove across the penisula with a couple we became friends with when we were down there. We followed the signs to El Limon but ended up meeting a guy on a motorbike who led us to Playa Moron' (very beautiful beach) It was very secluded, there were only 4 of us on the beach, fish swimming around your ankles.. amazing. We also stopped in the town of El Limon and had a beer, handed out colored pens and such to the children.. The next day we quaded to Las Terrenas and hung out on the beach there.. and then went to their sister resort (don't ask me how we got in.. I am still not sure if we are allowed or it was a fluke they let us in). Beautiful there as well but we liked cayacoa better.

You can quad on the roads there, people bike, have vehicles.. the roads are not in the best condition though, so you have to be careful!

If you have any other questions, send me a message. I would love to share whatever else I can with you! We did a lot off the resort when we went and wouldnt have it any other way.

6. Re: Roll Call Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa Nov 13 - Nov 23rd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2011, 07:29