We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What sort of Music do the locals play?

Ballina, Ireland
Level Contributor
677 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
What sort of Music do the locals play?

Just that, you know when you go to Jamaica you hear reggea everywhere. I was wondering what sort of music I may expect to hear in the DR. I love to hear local music, and I am wondering with all the different history in Samana what sort of music I might expect to hear.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,191 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What sort of Music do the locals play?

The local music of the Dominican Republic, and which you most likely hear in town, is merengue and bachata.

Silvia

Mentioned in this post
coventry
Level Contributor
344 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What sort of Music do the locals play?

Merengue yer yer yer.

england
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What sort of Music do the locals play?

I think you'll find the young Dominicans love their Reggae, House , Garage. You name it they got it...But most of the music you'll hear at the hotels is either North American or European.

With Merengue , Bachatta & Salsa every now and then.

Sparky

Ballina, Ireland
Level Contributor
677 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What sort of Music do the locals play?

Thankyou for that, getting my mind set for it now. I intend to wander out of the hotel , meet the people etc.

5. Re: What sort of Music do the locals play?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2011, 06:40