We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale watching

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Whale watching

My partner and I are staying at the Cayo Levantado in early to mid February and we are hoping to go on a whale watching trip - any advice on who to book with. Also has anyone seen the whales in Samana Bay this year?

ontario
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale watching

I also have been looking and i have come across Victoria Marine and the tour guide is Kim Beddal. www.whalesamana.com

i hear she is awesome and as far as I read you can call her as late as the day before you would like to do the whale watching and the price is 55.00 usd per person plus 3.00 usd.

try this website. www.gosamana-dominicanrepublic.com

i found some info here. there is a person you may see in the forums his name is toursamanawithterry he is also on this website and he may be able to help you as well.he lives in samana and the island of gnp cayo levantado is his front yard view!! He is an american who now lives in samana. hope this helps :)

happy travelling

italiandutch :)

Edited: 08 January 2011, 22:54
Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale watching

The first few whale tours have gone out although none of the big tour companies have taken groups. The good news it that the whales are starting to arrive and they have been spotted more into the bay than we have seen them in the past couple years. That is a really good sign!

ontario
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale watching

that's awesome!!! can't wait!!

midcoast maine
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whale watching

Will we be able to see the whales when we come in on the norwegian cruise ship? is it necessary to take a whale tour to do this?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whale watching

Thanks for all the information - really looking forward to our holiday. Hope to see you soon !

6. Re: Whale watching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2011, 17:53
NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whale watching

Anybody going whale watching from Feb 24 till March 1st? We'd like to join from Cayo Levantado.

Edited: 17 January 2011, 16:29
leics
Level Contributor
425 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Whale watching

Another option may be Raymond and Gregory. They have a base on the beach near the GBP Cayacoa. Look 'em up here...

http://raymondgregory-toursamana.com/

We used them for a couple of trips - good service and they were happy for you to pay on returning from the day out.

Hatfield, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whale watching

We arrive at Cayo Levantado on March 2nd for 2 weeks. Will the whales still be there, or will they have moved on ?

10. Re: Whale watching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2011, 17:53