We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to go

essex
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
when to go

hi can any one tell me the best time to go to samana , i like it hot, so your feed back would be good.

leics
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: when to go

About now - whi ethe whales are around is good.

Temperature should be fairly even all year, so just avoid the wet (hurricane) season.

As for choice of hotel in Samana - do you want peace and quiet or just quite quiet?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,926 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when to go

Much warmer in the summer months, especially July and August.

Silvia

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when to go

Mid Jan through mid March is perfect weather almost everyday. Check my running weather report on what the weather actually did each day right here on this forum.

Of course it's a little hotter in the summer time but the rain is unpredictable then. Prices are much cheaper in the summer too.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: when to go

We stayed at GBP Cayacoa last April 12 for a week and the weather was pretty good, it was always warm and we had a couple of days of scorching, although I didn't mind we just parked ourselves in the pool. It did rain some mostly in the early evening, but that was never a problem as there are places to sit outside that are sheltered and it never seemed to last long. Samana is great enjoy!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when to go

I can't say when the best time is but, we went in Sept. and it was hot and humid. Perfect swimming weather for me! Also saw lightning in the evenings and had some rain at night. Perhaps we were just lucky but no rainfall during the daytime for the week that we were there.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: when to go

Forgot to add that we booked very last minute and I had checked ahead to ensure there was no hurricane activity or predicted storms at that time.

7. Re: when to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2012, 05:28