We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado - Room categories

New Jersey
Level Contributor
158 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado - Room categories

My wife and I are going to book a vacation at the Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado in November. I have been on virtually every website and can not tell the difference between:

Superior Room

Junior Suite Room

Junior Suite Superior

Junior Suite Deluxe

None of the descriptions mention ocean front, garden, ocean view etc, so Im assuming none of the rooms face the ocean ( am I wrong?). If all of the rooms have the same kind of view, is there a big difference in which type of room that we book?

Thank you in advance,

Dave

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado - Room categories

I think this is correct:

Main building: standard room and junior suites

Villas: junior suite superior & deluxe

Most rooms, including some in the main building, have a sea view. A few villas are garden view, but the majority overlook sea even if it's to the mainland. Most junior suite deluxe are sea view from the hillside, but I think some of them are the beachfront villas (I wouldn't recommend these as they have little privacy).

wales
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado - Room categories

bahia-principe.com/BP/…CayoLevantado

found this very helpful especially the 360 photo tour

england
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado - Room categories

Some JUnior suite deluxe have garden views - my advice pick Junior Suite or Junior Suite Deluxe and email the hotel asking for a sea view we have just returned have booked Junior Suite room villa 11 all the villas have ocean views as they are built on two levels four suites per level all facing the ocean. Villas 16 - 19 inc are Junior Suite Deluxe have some ocean views as only built on one level and some garden villas 21 - 24 only have garden views but I think they are only - superior room standard - if you visit worldisround web site and go to Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado 2009 you can find a map loads of pics and can see the location of the villas.

Affligem, Belgium
Level Contributor
34 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado - Room categories

Th difference between Junior Suite Superior and deluxe is that the juniorsuite deluxe has also a jacuzzi on the balcony.

We booked a junior suite deluxe (17/12-28/12/2011) but I would like to know if these are in the mainbuilding or in the villas. Does anybody knows that?

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province
Level Contributor
5,681 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado - Room categories

BoltyJamaica - You could search that information on the top right corner of this page on the "Top questions about SAMANA PENINSULA"... Next time take some time look at it, ok?

Nevertheless, regarding your question:

Deluxe Junior Suites

Villas 8, 9, 10, 16, 17, 18, 19

and

Rooms 201, 202, 218, 219, 318, 319 in the main mainbuilding

Edited: 05 August 2011, 14:45
Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado - Room categories

The deluxe JS also have sunbeds on the patio, not sure if the superior rooms have these.

england
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado - Room categories

DeneBebbo you are right they do have sunbeds on the patio however these suites are designed for shade so do not get much sun but they are a great chill out zone, beware villas 16 - 19 have two suites on one level one sea view and one garden view, we had one our first visit, super rooms but not quite the views we enjoyed in villa 11 this year. All of the balconies are furnished, some with rattan chairs and table - minimum some with these and ratten settees and coffee tables and some with two sun loungers with padded mattress and a small shallow jacuzzi the more you pay the more you get.

But they are all wonderful in there own way.

Flitwick, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado - Room categories

Hi,

We had a superior Junior suite in block 4 and the second time in block 3.

Both rooms had reasonable views but not a full seaview. They were well equiped with large bathrooms, double vanity etc, kingsize fourposter bed small seating area in the room and a seating area (chair, sofa and coffee table) plus a high table and two chairs on the balcony. Its a great place and if you go for a junior suite in one of the villas I don't think you can go wrong.

Lancaster, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado - Room categories

We are going here in August 2012, we can't wait, with all the good reveiws we know it is going to be wonderful. But we are confused with the rooms, and would like to email the hotel in advance to try and get a sea view room. We have booked the Junior Suite, Are these in the main hotel? Or are they in the villas? Any advise would be much appreciated.

10. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado - Room categories

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2013, 10:17