We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Cut to Beach - Cayo Levantado

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,578 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Short Cut to Beach - Cayo Levantado

I have heard that there are some short cuts from the main building to the beach area as there are a lot of stairs down to the beach. Can anyone give me some directions for the short cut (I know there is an elevator but would prefer not to use it if possible).......

Thanks.

england
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Cut to Beach - Cayo Levantado

Which beach do you want to get to from the main hotel ? If you mean the public beach, go directly out of the main doors with reception on your right then directly in front of you a pathway directly down to the public beach - if you want to go to the private beaches, then you go up in the elevator in the hotel and then over the top of the island to the elevator close to the beach bar then down the elevator.

Other than than it is a pleasant walk from the main hotel around the south of the island to the private beaches via the restaurant - put the restaurant on your left as you circle the main building then up a steepish hill past villas 1 and 2 then down the stairs past villa 3 on your left to the beach pool and both the calm and the not so calm beaches. If the stairs are a problems then get a buggy outside of reception - just tell them where you want to go, they will take you via the north of the island and drop you to the right of the beach bar by villa block 31.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,578 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Cut to Beach - Cayo Levantado

Thanks for the info - I thought someone had said you could cut through one of the pools to avoid the stairs to the private beaches. My sister has a bit of an issue with stairs but if it's not too long of a walk and not too many stairs it should be fine. It's not like a 15 min walk or anything right?????

england
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Cut to Beach - Cayo Levantado

You can check out a map of the island on worldisround Cayo Levantado, and you will see that the island has the main bulding to the west at the edge of the island so to speak so you can walk around the island to the beaches which are in the south west area of the island, but the island is not flat and at its high point there are steps and an elevator to get you up and down but as mentioned most people zip around using the buggy service, also the lift in the hotel does not go up to the top floor in the main hotel, I think that it only goes up to floor three of four total but someone else may be able to confirm that.

You can get to the top pool from the main hotel by taking the elevator to the third floor then it is a flat walk but this pool is at the highest point on the island.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,578 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short Cut to Beach - Cayo Levantado

Super, thanks very much.

leics
Level Contributor
434 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Short Cut to Beach - Cayo Levantado

GBP Cayacoa is built into a hillside and has all the steps, Cayo Levantado is much flatter - out on a small island.

6. Re: Short Cut to Beach - Cayo Levantado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2012, 05:16