We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Privilege club Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
522 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Privilege club Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

How many of you have gone to this time share presentation?

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Privilege club Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

they also had "Privilege Club" at the Cayacoa. We just told them "no gracias...we're not interested" & they didn't bother us for the remainder of the 2 wks.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Privilege club Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

My wife and I went to it and I will be including this in my detailed review.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,560 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Privilege club Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

We didn't go - I'm not wasting any of my precious beach time for a time share presentation :-)

Stoney Creek Ontario
Level Contributor
649 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Privilege club Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

This is bad news. A rather unique resort on a beautiful island just lost a bit of it's glow. Time share / Vacation Club / Privilege Club. Just another way of sucking some of your enjoyment out of your vacation. Glad we went before this happened. I'd rather sit through a Pauly Shore film festival than attend one of these meetings.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Privilege club Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

MRA1, I am here at the Cayacoa right now and a stern "no gracias" doesn't work. I have had an easier time dealing with the time share sharks in PV. At least you could get away from them in your hotel. Not here! We are in the lobby checking email, they're there bothering us. We have a drink on the patio, they come up to us several times, pushing and will not take no for an answer. They approach under the guise of "concierge". I will post a detailed review of the hotel and staff, which are wonderful, except for these sharks.

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Privilege club Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

I wouldn't dream of wasting my time at a time share presentation! Nor would I dream of buying into one while on vacation! That kind of purchase needs research and legal advice... Neither of which I have time for when the beach is calling my name!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Privilege club Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

They told me that once I said No that would be the end of it. I had to say No 3 times. I then told the gentleman that he was not a man of his word and ended it. However I still ended it on an amicable basis and I am glad I went through the process with my wife at my side. They were over an hour late for the appointment; however they had a legitimate excuse so I forgave them for that. I found the information to be very informative, it lasted 1 hour but it did not suit our needs as we like to travel world wide. I happened to see a fellow from the Privilege Club as I was walking back to the hotel and I asked it I could share my experience with him which I did. He was glad that we met and said that he had been sent there to make thinks run smoother. I cannot remember his name but I do have a card of his and when I find it I will post it. He told me to tell people to ask for him and he will give them a no pressure presentation.

8. Re: Privilege club Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 January 2013, 19:05
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Privilege club Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

We were at Cayo Levantado in early November and were never bothered by timeshare staff. Actually didn't notice anybody bugging people to attend a presentation.

10. Re: Privilege club Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 05:15