We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities outside of Levantado

Toronto
Level Contributor
236 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Activities outside of Levantado

My Husband and I are heading to the GBPCL the first week of April and wanted to do some of the activities off the resort like zip lining, ATV tour and perhaps the National Park tour. Is there any advice on best carriers and prices? Should we book prior to leaving Toronto on the internet or just do it at the resort itself? Where can we find info on these tours?

Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities outside of Levantado

This is a website for a tour company in Samana. I'd like to add that Terry is active on the forum with excellent information as well, and has come very highly recommended by others who have experienced his tours first hand.

http://www.toursamanawithterry.com/

The site has a great description of each tour Terry offers. There is also a link to contact him by email.

Have fun in Samana!

Mentioned in this post
Samana Province
Samana Province
Dominican Republic
London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities outside of Levantado

Ditto on the recommendation for tour samana with Terry :-) Once you get to Cayo Levantado you might decide that the Island is just too beautiful and peaceful to leave :-)

Mentioned in this post
Tour Samana with Terry
Tour Samana with Terry
451 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
Luxury Bahia Principe...
5,741 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Toronto
Level Contributor
236 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities outside of Levantado

Thanks very much for your help!!!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
236 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities outside of Levantado

So you stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado? If so, when did you go and what did you think of it?

Mentioned in this post
Luxury Bahia Principe...
5,741 Reviews
Dominican Republic
La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Activities outside of Levantado

I haven't been there yet, we are going on March 3rd... I've been reading this forum since I booked last August though, so that's how I know of Terry's excellent reputation. We do have an excursion booked with him during our stay!

Cairo has been there and although I should let her tell you herself ( sorry cairo ) she LOVED Cayo Levantado! I'm confident that we will love it as well. We sure are excited for this holiday... it's been the longest countdown ever.. ha ha!

Mentioned in this post
Luxury Bahia Principe...
5,741 Reviews
Dominican Republic
London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Activities outside of Levantado

No worries travel :) You must be getting so excited!

Bafer2 - I got back on Jan 21 from a 2 week vacation there and it was awesome! Best vacation yet. If you would like I can send you the link to my album as I didn't include very many pics with my review (took too long to upload) - send me a PM if you are interested :-)

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Activities outside of Levantado

Excited doesn't even begin to describe how I feel... CL is a place I've been dreaming about for a few years now and I'm finally going to see that dream become a reality! I think it's going to be pretty hard to top this holiday...

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
275 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Activities outside of Levantado

We stayed at Cayo Levantado last Feb. and are going back in March.Absolutely loved it!Can't wait.It is very relaxing and quiet.There are beautiful grounds for strolling.There are little booths on the public beach for a little shopping.I bought vanilla,coffee,jewelery, tank tops ,a baseball hat and a beach bag.We went on the ATV tour to Rincon beach with Razor Tours and enjoyed it.Terry's Tours are also highly recommended.It is NOT a party resort so people that expect that might be disappointed.entertainment is over early but the resort takes over the public beach with music and a bar and it varies on how many people go.We never made it at night last year hopefully this year.Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Luxury Bahia Principe...
5,741 Reviews
Dominican Republic
La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Activities outside of Levantado

GOMMOCH - When are you going in March? Thought if it's at the same time as us, we could have a drink and talk about Nova Scotia... we vacationed there last summer and loved it... so much in fact that we are hoping to return this July!

The lack of evening entertainment at CL is not an issue for us at all... after a day at the beach, we're usually asleep by 10 pm... haha... yup, we're a rowdy couple... haha! If we don't see you there, I hope you have a fantastic holiday!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
275 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Activities outside of Levantado

We are going March 8th.That would be nice to get together for a drink and chat.I know you are quite excited and I am sure you will love it. The countdown is on. I can't wait.