We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana To Samana

Walnut Creek...
2 posts
Save Topic
Punta Cana To Samana

I am going to Punta Cana for 3 nights during April and wanted to check out the beaches in Samana. Are there buses that take ppl from Punta Cana to Samana and how long is the trip in total to access the beach? Is it worth going to Samana or should I go to Punta Cana to La romana for a couple of nights and end at Puerto plata. Or Punta Cana to Samana for a couple nights and then end at Puerto Plata?

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana To Samana

Punta Cana to Samana would be about 6 hours by vehicle... PC to La Romona about 2 hours! But if you want to end up in Puerta Plata... then either way is going to mean ALOT of time in a vehicle!! Is flying an option for you? If you could fly from PC to Samana, you could save alot of time and spend that time on one of the beaches in Samana... then take a 4 hour drive to PP. Samana is most definately worth checking out though... it's really a beautiful part of the Dominican Republic.

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,083 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana To Samana

Meliss81 - Samana is really THE beautiful part of the Dominican Republic, and you should see it. Punta Cana doesn't give you the feel and the vibe how live is in DR,

My advise is for you to flight direct to Samana stay in the zone a couple of days and then get a transfer and go north to Puerto Plata.

Forget about driving lond distances in DR.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana To Samana

No direct flights to samana from the US unfortunately. There are domestic flights and will save you many hours of riding if you're set on it.

Walnut Creek...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana To Samana

Thanks guys I think I will def look into a flight from Punta Cana to Samana.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana To Samana

Here's a link

http://www.dominicanshuttles.com/index.php

6. Re: Punta Cana To Samana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 09:17