We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

we're here.....

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
475 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
we're here.....

so, the island is as beautiful as ever, room 7104 is also great however, service at dinner is sadly lacking. Tipping made absolutely no difference.

There are several large groups here and the wait staff seem to stand around and chat with them, circling around our table avoiding eye contact and attempts to get their attention.

Numbers of dining room staff overall seems to be trimmed quite a bit . One staff between the carving station and grill...... I'm hoping this will improve in the coming days

Over & out - I'll check in again tomorrow

Deb

Toronto
Level Contributor
276 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: we're here.....

Where are you staying?

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: we're here.....

Cayo Levantado - our 3rd time.

We really miss Milton - he really had the wait staff on their toes in a positive way. He lead by example

Deb

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
240 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: we're here.....

Wow ! I am disappointed for you .That would be a total let down for me as well.We have been there twice and everything at dinner was always superb,especially the service.Milton was always there to make sure everything ran smoothly.This March Joel [sp.] seemed to be in training and was also on top of things.I hope Virginia is still in the lobby bar,she makes sure that runs smoothly as well.Please keep us informed.as I was planning to go back,but not if it changes too much.I hope there was just a glitch tonight and tomorrow evening is back to normal.I know you were looking forward to returning and I hope you have a wonderful vacation as we did!

england
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: we're here.....

Hi DebLindsay got up early today to check if you had posted, only to find that the internet was down in our area till 10am.

Did you get your room choice, see you are in villa 7 - does the restaurant have a replacement for Milton or are the staff lacking 'direction' at this time?

I know you will have a great time anyway, but I must admit we had a favourite bar manager from our first visit, Calixto who created a really nice atmosphere at the bar in the evenings, our last visit he was not there and the bar lacked that atmosphere... that we brits like, of standing at the bar, if you ever go to a real english pub that is what we do.... we do not have waiting service in the UK pubs and I just love to sit at the bar watching them work...

Anyway heres to another great day in paradise for you .... you lucky persons

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: we're here.....

Virginia is awesome! She makes the best dacquiris. And her smile is golden!

The lobby bar was my favourite for drinks actually. Her, Helen and (oh dear) the guy with the slicked back hair made the best drinks!

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: we're here.....

Hey Deb, I'm sorry that my info about Milton was correct and it has affected the service over at Cayo. If you need anything from town let me know as we'll be taking some folks from your hotel out tomorrow and I can send it with them. Otherwise, see you on Wed when we go to Rincon!!!

Have a Great Sunny Day!

Tour Samana With Terry

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: we're here.....

Have a great time Deb. I hope service improves and this is not indicative of how things are going to be as service was really one of their strong points. Will be interested to hear your overall thoughts at the end of your stay.

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province
Level Contributor
5,237 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: we're here.....

Have a very great time Deb. I also hope that service improve to a higher stage. Milton really made a difference...

Fingers crossed for you.

Keep us posted!

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: we're here.....

Hi all, thanks for your comments.

The weather here is fab and so is the beach - the windy side allows us to bake without feeling the heat which could prove to be a bad thing :)

Breakfast service was poor - had a difficult time getting coffee of all things. The staff do seem adrift without Milton and I do not note anyone else taking the helm. I am going to try to speak to the manager tonight.

Thanks for the offer Terry, we're good... SO looking forward to seeing you on Wed. We have quite a bit of stuff to bring over to you which will not fit on an ATV...... I did not hear back from Alessio regarding the amber so I assume he's not back at full tilt.

We are having a great vacation, it is so peaceful hee and the resort seems to be at half capacity - thus why there are less staff.

We also find the lobby bar exceptional esp Walkey & Sunny. They remembered my husband and made his mojitos just the way he likes them. We're heading to the lobby shortly for a pre dinner cocktail.

I'll check in later,

Deb

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: we're here.....

Enjoy your holiday Deb, hope you have a great time! Look forward to reading your updates... wish I was there too!