We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room categories at Cayo Levantado

toronto
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Room categories at Cayo Levantado

Hi, I have been looking at the rooms and think I will go with the superior room category. Is this room category only in the main? Also how many floors are on the main building. I also like the Villa feeling but the prices have taken a jump for the higher categories. Any thoughts?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,568 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room categories at Cayo Levantado

The superior rooms are located on the 5th floor of the main building and in a couple of garden view villas as well. There are 5 floors in the main building but note that the elevator only goes to the 4th floor. The superior rooms are quaint but are very small. If you don't spend much time in the room then this would probably be fine but otherwise you might want to consider upgrading to the next level which is the jr suite. Just in case you don't have a good description of the rooms here is an explanation of the rooms that I rec'd from the hotel directly. You can also go to the Bahia website and there is a great virtual tour that you can take of all the rooms.

We have 5 room categories at the hotel.

Standard-Superior (Villas 21,22,23,24,25 and 5th floor of the main bulding):

These rooms are very basic, small ones, some with ocean view (fifth floor of the main bulding with sloping ceiling) others in garden three bedroom villas.

Junior Suite (Main bulding)

Large rooms, big bathroom with separated shower. Some with ocean view, some with terrace view and some with backyard view.

Junior Suite Superior (Villas 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15)

The same as the junior suites but located in 8 bedroom villas around the island. Larger balcony with lounge area on it. Some with ocean view, some with garden view.

Junior Suite Deluxe (Villas 8, 9, 10, 16, 17, 18, 19)

Room + Living Room. Jacuzzi on the outside terrace, Butler´s Service

Beach Villas (Villas 30, 31)

Room + Living Room. Jacuzzi on the outside terrace, Butler´s Service. Right on the beach

toronto
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room categories at Cayo Levantado

Wow thank you Cairo20 for this informative description. Do you know of anything relating to the beaches. I've seen people mention the private beach is small, but from what I understand there are 2 beaches (calm and windy). Would you know which one the reviews are referring to as the small one?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,568 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room categories at Cayo Levantado

They are both relatively small compared to other destinations but the windy beach is smaller in my opinion (if you are looking at the ocean it's the one on the left). Really though, there is very little difference and they are just separated by a thin strip of ground. The public beach is beautiful and I would strongly recommend checking it out - you can find out what days/times the cruise ships come in and then avoid those times as it gets really busy. We were there in January for 2 weeks and had a fantastic vacation. If you would like to see my full album send me a PM and I can send you the online link :-)

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
485 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room categories at Cayo Levantado

Hi Cairo20

I would really like to see your pics, could you please send me the link?

Also, what was the weather like in January?

We are going the last week of Dec first week of Jan.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,568 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room categories at Cayo Levantado

We had great weather - there were a couple of days where it rained for maybe 20 minutes to half an hour but the weather was really perfect while we were there.

I'll send you a PM with the link to my album................

Edited: 16 July 2012, 23:34
Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Room categories at Cayo Levantado

we have always stayed in the villas though some of the rooms in the main building have huge balconies and great views.

Given GBPCL has approx 200 rooms, the beaches & pools are never crowded which makes it our favorite destination.

Enjoy

Deb

england
Level Contributor
3,097 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Room categories at Cayo Levantado

I would suggest that if you book the superior room category and were basedin one of the villas you would be disappointed when you say the other rooms on offer the balconies on these villas really are small with only two chairs and a table on them. There is a pic on the customer photos from someone who went earlier this year and you will see that it is quite a narrow and shallow balcony area, the rooms in the main hotel might have more space but I think that the cost of the upgrade would be worth. Some customers have upgraded when they arrived at hotel and paid the extra direct, however this hotel continues to be heavily booked throughout the year and my recommendation would be, try to find the additional for a the next grade up and ask to be put in a villa. Most of the rooms on the north of the island all have ocean views.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
485 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Room categories at Cayo Levantado

Hi veryhappytripper

Would you say that the junior suite is ok or would you upgrade from that?

HRC

england
Level Contributor
3,097 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Room categories at Cayo Levantado

I would say that the junior suite is OK depends on how important certain bedroom features are to you, a full list of features in on the bahia hotel website - we have stayed in Junior Suite Junior Suite Deluxe and Junior suite Superior, last time we booked Junior Suite and got upgraded to Junior Suite Superior cos there are 96 of those standard of room and to be honest this is my favourite grade of room - but we do not spend a great deal of time in the room we prefer to be out and about.

toronto
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Room categories at Cayo Levantado

Thanks, I think I'm going to go for the junior suite. Maybe they may even upgrade me to the next level. Here's to thoughtful wishing! Going towards the end of July beginning of august. This forum has been the best! Thanks to all and I will be posting a review when I get back,

BTW, would you say the beaches are pretty clear? Some photos it looks amazing, others sometimes looks dark......just wondering