We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local bus from Cayo Levantado to Las Galeras?

Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Local bus from Cayo Levantado to Las Galeras?

Hi

I'm shortly going on holiday to Cayo Levantado.

I'm looking to see some of the peninsula on my visit. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a bus to Las Galeras from the dock for Cayo Levantado, without having to first go into Samana?

Many thanks

Lucy

Mentioned in this post
Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
Luxury Bahia Principe...
5,745 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Las Galeras
Las Galeras
Dominican Republic
Samana Province
Samana Province
Dominican Republic
Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local bus from Cayo Levantado to Las Galeras?

Lucy, maybe this is not the sort of question tourists such as us could answer. You could try asking Terry Lee Bandi of Toursamanawithterry. He lives locally and is very helpful , his website is easy to find.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local bus from Cayo Levantado to Las Galeras?

Agree. I know there are guaguas (minivans) that go from Samana town to LG and can possibly be flagged down but Terry or Jon Velas would know more. And I don't know personally exactly where the ferry dock is located :) good luck and happy travels, Ben

Mentioned in this post
Samana Province
Samana Province
Dominican Republic
3. Re: Local bus from Cayo Levantado to Las Galeras?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 10:17