We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

V.I.P Lounge at Samana airport?

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
V.I.P Lounge at Samana airport?

During the summer we vacationed in Cuba and decided to pay extra at the resort for the v.i.p lounge at the airport.. wow what a great idea that was....it was only 20.00 pp and well worth it. Private line to check in, private lounge with drinks and food, Air con :) and pre boarding.

Just wondered if this is available in Samana and is it worth it?

thanks

Charlene

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,373 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: V.I.P Lounge at Samana airport?

Hi Charlene,

The Priority Pass website ( we get this free with our credit card) says there is a lounge there so I guess it will allow payment on the door or via your rep. Children under twelve are allowed in free with card holder, which will be useful for us; extra guests are charged £15 which appears on the credit card statement. I don't know whether the other bonuses like pre-boarding etc that you mention will apply but I expect one of the staff wil ltake your exit visa money to save you queuing. It is very much worth it if the airport is crowded and/or you get a delay, especially given the usual outrageous cost of food and drink in the main part.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,680 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: V.I.P Lounge at Samana airport?

IIRC the VIP lounge at Samana was small and filled up quickly, so best to book in advance if you can.

Edited: 13 November 2012, 11:52
Quinte West, Canada
Level Contributor
674 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: V.I.P Lounge at Samana airport?

Samana airport is not busy at all. Your flight will be the only one and there is lots of room. Have flown out twice and they only pre board people with disabilities and first class first. Not worth the money if there is a VIP lounge in my opinion.

Steve

england
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: V.I.P Lounge at Samana airport?

The three times that we have flown out of Samana it was very busy with two flights out within 20 mins of each other, the airport is not open 24/7 so I guess they just open as and when there are flights and encourage flight operators to all us the airport on the same day. That having been said we looked into the VIP lounge and decided against it ,I think it was $25 each ,as it was full of kids and we had just had lunch and only needed some water once through check in, and have planned it that way since.

It would be a good idea if you were certain that you would be the only flight at the airport - you could confirm this on the El Catay web site, cos as mentioned burger and coke about £8 each in the one and only small cafe with queues around the airport, and should you get delayed then it would really be a God send.

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,373 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: V.I.P Lounge at Samana airport?

I suppose the reason why you found so many kids in there, VHT, is the `kids under 12 free' concession which makes it a good deal for families, if it applies to `pay on the door' as well as to P. Pass holders..

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: V.I.P Lounge at Samana airport?

We really enjoyed the one in Santa Clara, Cuba.. The only reason we originally booked it was because of the Air conditioning.. It was so hot in July and in the main part of the airport there was little air/con.. but it sure was nice, not that busy, and they made lovely sandwiches and drinks..

As mentioned it also depends how long you are at the airport before departure, V.I.P probably not needed if you are there for a couple hours, but...with that said. if we have a 1.5hr drive from the resort then a 2-3hr wait, and no meals served on the flight.. hmmmmm might be a good idea :)

Anyways thanks alot everyone for your feedback.. :)

Midlands
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: V.I.P Lounge at Samana airport?

Can you let me know how you can book in advance. Any help would be great.

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: V.I.P Lounge at Samana airport?

We didn't end up using it, our flight was delayed so they kept us at the resort. I think you can look up v.i.p lounges on the internet, and pull that one up. and book it there.

9. Re: V.I.P Lounge at Samana airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 06:15