We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After Cayo Levantado

Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
After Cayo Levantado

My husband and I are trying to plan our next vacation.

We were recently at the GBPCL in May 2011 and Loved it! We upgraded our room when we arrived and stayed Super Delux Suite, or whatever they called it.

We plan on going back in the future, but not on this trip. We are looking for suggestions. We have gone to PP 3 times, and PC 4 times.

Any other "must go to" resorts, or other islands (not Mexico). We were also considering non AI trips in Jamaica, Barbados....

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: After Cayo Levantado

El Portillio is on our list of "must see" places. But this winter we're going to Cayo Ensenachos Cuba and next will be St. Lucia...then EP.. We loved the Samana area but it's a big world with so many places to see. CL is our favorite so far though. Good luck with your choice.

shropshire
Level Contributor
371 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: After Cayo Levantado

Maldives must be first choice but think they are pricing themselves out of the market! Then Langkawi in Malasia for me!

Mind you I havnt been to CL yet!

Bedford
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: After Cayo Levantado

We have been to the Maldives nine times, but Cl is pretty much up there with them. And one heck of a lot cheaper.

england
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: After Cayo Levantado

We tend to have two types of holiday, relaxing and travelling each year.I agree with missfitts we have been throughout the carribean mexico and cuba and are looking at the Maldives, but in terms of somewhere that really does have everything going for it for this money, it is difficult - it certainly is the best place we have been, however, if I am choosing a villa holiday on a small greek island such as Thassos it great, costs about the same money and it is hard work having to seek out restaurants and bars and buy in consumables.... CL for total relaxation.

Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: After Cayo Levantado

I dream of one day going to the Maldives, but that is way out of our price range right now.

Bedford
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: After Cayo Levantado

It is an awful long way from Canada, bad enough from the UK.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: After Cayo Levantado

try mexico, loads a good all inc resorts to suit all bugets.

or egypt is good premier le reve is a good resort for adults only if that is your thing.

Edited: 17 November 2012, 18:16
Bedford
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: After Cayo Levantado

We had a lovely holiday at the Sharm Hilton with none of the usual tummy troubles, but the airport there on our return was just the most filthy hell hole I have ever encountered and I will never go there again. I was very, very ill when I got home, and our GP was sufficiently concerned to make a home visit (remember those?) Mexico has lots of options, but I have found it difficult to pinpoint the sort of resort we would like. I want a hotel on its own without other hotels next door and good AI. Suggestions welcome.

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: After Cayo Levantado

Here's a suggestion for Mexico... I haven't been here, but it does look amazing..

excellence-resorts.com/caribbean-and-mexico-…

So many places, so little time..lol

Oh and Maldives would be a dream vacation for me too!

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: After Cayo Levantado

We loved the Riu Negril in Jamaica. and also the Melia Cayo Santa Maria, in Cuba..

We were't fussy on Mexico (Mayan Riviera) but thats just us.. we had a bad experience with our room, so that kind of set us off on the wrong foot.. Might try it again soom time, but not in the near future.

Probably going back to the same resort in Cuba in the summer, really enjoyed everything about it..