We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best transport from El Catey airport (AZS) to Las Terrenas?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Best transport from El Catey airport (AZS) to Las Terrenas?

Jetblue just started flying to this airport, and we will be among the first Jetblue passengers to arrive!

What is the best transportation from AZS to Las Terrenas, and how much should we expect to pay?

england
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best transport from El Catey airport (AZS) to Las Terrenas?

Did your tour operator not include the transfers and the other fees that you have to pay $10 incoming and $20 outgoing ? If not my advice would be to contact Terrytoursamana and ask him for a quote to do the transfer it should take about 1 hour max and about $80 each way or less.

Transport is expensive in Samana cos it just costs so much to get and keep a vehicle on the road. You may get a cheaper quote but Terry is reliable.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best transport from El Catey airport (AZS) to Las Terrenas?

I booked the flight and hotel myself. But, yes, I am aware of those fees.

Someone else told me $40 each way for the transfer to LT, but I will definitely get a quote from Terry.

Thanks for your help!

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,853 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best transport from El Catey airport (AZS) to Las Terrenas?

There are plenty of taxis as you exit customs. $40-45 USD sounds about right one way per taxi, not per person.

Also all U.S. airlines include the departure tax in your air ticket. You will need to buy a tourist card on arrival for $10 USD per person.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best transport from El Catey airport (AZS) to Las Terrenas?

I would also get a quote from the hotel where you are staying. I am sure they handle transfers and would wish you a safe, quick and happy arrival :)

Edited: 09 December 2012, 15:56
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best transport from El Catey airport (AZS) to Las Terrenas?

Great advice!

This will be our first trip to the DR and we're very excited. We're coming in from New York Dec 19. If you have any other recommendations for first timers, please let me know.

Thanks!!!

england
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best transport from El Catey airport (AZS) to Las Terrenas?

One thing I would suggest if you are hoping to pick up a cab outside the airport it to check what other flights are due in around the same time as yours - they only have a few flights each day but the time we flew out there were two flights out so the airport was conjested and cabs were few and far between and therefore less chance to haggle - the US dollar is king in DR so offer to pay that way.

Good advice to check with the hotel but chances are they will use a local cab company - unfortuately after a long flight the last thing you want are transfer hiccups - hope you get things sorted and are happy to share your findings with the rest of us.

7. Re: Best transport from El Catey airport (AZS) to Las Terrenas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 00:16