We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20th Dec - 3rd Jan

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
485 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
20th Dec - 3rd Jan

Good morning from the Aspire Lounge at London Gatwick. Flight appears to be on time, departing at 0950. Should arrive at Puerto Plata airport around 3pm local time..... I think.

See you all in a few hours when my view will be slightly better than a dark, wet Gatwick airport!

Bye bye London.... Hello paradise!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 20th Dec - 3rd Jan

I've just said goodbye to my wife on a very wet & dark morning here in Cardiff - jealous or what!!!!!!

Have a great time !!

england
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 20th Dec - 3rd Jan

To be honest I thought it was still night when the alarm went off at 7am - dark, raining and miserable here in Lincolnshire - no white Christmas here - would I swap with anyone on their way to Cayo ? - you bet.. jingle all the wayyyy

Have a fab flight hope the transfer is hassle free and that you wake up to clear blue skies and only the sound of the sea and the coffee maker -

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 20th Dec - 3rd Jan

VHT - you can our 30cm of snow that we're expecting tonight and into tomorrow! I like snow, but not that much!!! I would have been happy with a green Christmas or a hot sunny one in Samana. Oh well,...

england
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 20th Dec - 3rd Jan

Can I take just 10% of your 30cms pls tulipfes but only on Christmas morning then all gone by about 6pm in the evening.

Happy Christmas to all you Cayoites

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 20th Dec - 3rd Jan

OK, 10% of our snow to you VHT,...now, any other takers? LOL

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 20th Dec - 3rd Jan

wow reporting from the airport!! like it, hard act to follow as im just on pay as you go. i want to do that too.

cant wait for your updates and first impression.

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 20th Dec - 3rd Jan

We are holding the weather for you here. Sunny for the last week! Beautiful! Have a safe trip over!

Tour Samana With Terry

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 20th Dec - 3rd Jan

Sure wish I was in Paradise right now.. I think we've had enough rain today to green up our grass... which isn't a good thing.... its also cold!!! and expecting to freeze up... NASTY!!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
485 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 20th Dec - 3rd Jan

Well we're here! Villa 14. It's only 0715 so quite overcast at the moment. Room is outstanding. The flight was good but the transfer was very long and very hair raising. We took a private transfer and the driver managed it in 3 hrs dead so for that I should be grateful. I was quite shocked by the apparent poverty.

We're going to get dressed and go for a spot of breakfast before having a good walk round. Can't wait to see this place in daylight!

Fergie, hope you're flight and transfer was ok?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
485 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 20th Dec - 3rd Jan

Well we're here! Villa 14. It's only 0715 so quite overcast at the moment. Room is outstanding. The flight was good but the transfer was very long and very hair raising. We took a private transfer and the driver managed it in 3 hrs dead so for that I should be grateful. I was quite shocked by the apparent poverty.

We're going to get dressed and go for a spot of breakfast before having a good walk round. Can't wait to see this place in daylight!

Fergie, hope your flight and transfer was ok?