We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which all inclusive resort

Ontario
Level Contributor
560 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which all inclusive resort

is a good choice - we have travelled to Punta Cana and was thinking of this area - and closer to the airport is preferred - choices please

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
707 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which all inclusive resort

I stayed at GBP Cayacoa and loved it but its about 45 min. Busride to the airport. Truthfully i think all resorts in samana are around the same drivetime if not more from the airport.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which all inclusive resort

And you are best to get a flight directly into Samana, rather than a flight into Punta Cana or Puerta Plata and having a 3 hour bus transfer !! We flew Air Canada direct, with a 45 minute transfer to the resort.

We too stayed at GBPCayacoa last January 21012. A nice resort on the cliff, excellent food & great staff. Beautiful scenery every morning, as we looked out the patio door to the Bay of Samana!

You can see GBP Cayo Levantado from the Cayacoa & it's fun to watch the cruise ships come into the Bay...

Ontario
Level Contributor
560 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which all inclusive resort

thanks for your responses - now I see Gran Bahai portilla - and good reviews and a substantially higher price difference with levontina (sp)

any thoughts on this ? and I also hear about a shorter route with the "new road" - how does that work ?

Mississauga
Level Contributor
48 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which all inclusive resort

I will be going to Cayo Levantado in Feb as I wanted to go to the paradise while I am alive :-) Based on the reviews this seems to be good choice for the additional $$.

Regarding the new road, to my understanding it's toll route. Therefore, if you organize the shuttle via the travel agency, they will not take you through this route.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which all inclusive resort

cayo L is the right choice, i have not long returned and it is a special place and everything is top notch.

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which all inclusive resort

I didn't see any tolls on the new road.

Went straight through from the Samana airport.

You certainly won't be disappointed.

Charlene

Bedford
Level Contributor
4,023 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which all inclusive resort

If you are a couple, go for Cayo Lev. If you have kids, BP El Portillo is great. We have visited both as a couple, and will be taking sons, grandchildren etc to BPEP in August , partly because by then BPCL will be adults only, partly because El P is flat and the beach is fantastic, and partly (and very importantly when your family consists of eight!) it is considerablty cheaper.

For just two of you though (or us) , it has to be BPCL.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which all inclusive resort

We also are going in Feb... From the 17 to the 24.

9. Re: Which all inclusive resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 05:16