We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach close to Cruise ship pier in Semana

Warrenton, Virginia
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best beach close to Cruise ship pier in Semana

We'll be there for only one day in March, wondering which beach we should go to and how to get there. Can we get a cab at the pier or arrange a reliable tour to get us there and back? Any advice is much appreciated. We'll be there on March 23rd. Thanks!

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach close to Cruise ship pier in Semana

Alot of cruise ship people come to the public beach at Cayo Levantado. I think the boat takes them directly from the ship over..

If thats an option.. you just have to go!!!!

don't forget to have a pinacolada on the beach!!

Charlene

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach close to Cruise ship pier in Semana

The cruise lines have exclusivity when it comes to taking people to the public island of Cayo Levantado on a cruise ship day. Very nice monopoly that they have. Anyway, it usually costs from $15 to $55 depending on which line you will be with.

I see that on the 23rd of March you will probably be on the Silver Spirit? You'll have to check with them and see if they will only take you to Cayo Levantado or if they will tender to the town of Samana also. You might not have an option.

Tour Samana With Terry

Warrenton, Virginia
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach close to Cruise ship pier in Semana

Thanks Terry. and yes we will be on the Silversea Spirit that day...I wish these cruise companies would let you know in advance where they will tender to, I'm certainly hoping to hit the beach there at Cayo Levantado, but since the ship leaves port at 3 pm, I'm guessing they might not. Either way, thanks for the advice, I will contact silversea and ask them directly what they have to offer. :D

I guess I have one other question, if they don't offer a trip over to the island, is there another beach close by Semana if they tender me there?

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach close to Cruise ship pier in Semana

They will surely offer an excursion to Cayo Levantado so don't worry about that. That is their big money maker. I was just mentioning that some ships only go to Cayo and it might be the case with your ship. If the cruise line tenders to land, Samana town, you'll be able to buy the excursion, only from them, to Cayo. No worries.

Tour Samana With Terry

Cobourg, Canada
Level Contributor
307 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beach close to Cruise ship pier in Semana

The public beach at Cayo Levantado is only a 10 minute boat ride from where your ship anchors and it is a beauty!

Google it to see some awesome pictures of this tiny island paradise.

6. Re: Best beach close to Cruise ship pier in Semana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 05:18