We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Conditioning at CL?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Air Conditioning at CL?

Just reading a review which says there was no AC in the lobby area or buffet? Is it always like that or was this a breakdown issue?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
485 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Conditioning at CL?

I'm pretty sure there was a/c in the lobby and buffet, I didnt actually check for it but I really struggle to eat in the heat so we purposely sat indoors for our meals as it was cooler so there must be a/c.

I also read this review. I disagree with the food hygiene comment, I am very fussy and I noted that the food was kept at an appropriate temperature. Half of the buffet has chilled counters where the salads etc are kept.

On some evenings there were 'micro foods' kept on an island in the centre of the buffet, this is not a chilled counter, the food here was not identified so I'm not sure what exactly it was but due to the hygiene procedures followed elsewhere throughout the resort I would be very surprised if these were high risk foods..... Maybe someone else can shed some light on what these foods were?

Bedford
Level Contributor
3,935 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Conditioning at CL?

HRC, yes those things in the island looked fantastic, but though everything else in the buffet was labelled, these mainly remained anonymous. It is a shame, as I was very reluctant to try them as not sure whether they were veggie or not. Also a hazard for anyone with a fish allergy or similar.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
485 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Conditioning at CL?

I didn't eat any of it, just in case

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Conditioning at CL?

I have looked at many photos of those 'MYSTERY' foods. Some look very strange but I'm game to try them. Figure if I don't like it I don't have to finish it. I always say it's a chance to try something new without paying for it.

If anyone is wondering what we're talking about click on the Restaurant?buffet link.

http://www.holidaycheck.com/hotel-Travel+pictures_Hotel+Luxury+Bah%C3%ADa+Pr%C3%ADncipe+Cayo+Levantado+Don+Pablo+Collection-ch_ub-hid_114117.html

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Conditioning at CL?

There was definitely air conditioning in the lobby and buffet when we were there. You can choose to eat outside on the nice patio area as well for all of your meals which was a nice option. The "mystery" foods were amazing - we didn't try all of them but the ones we did try were very good. I also liked the fact that they had a microwave in the buffet area so you could heat stuff up and it was great for people who had baby food etc (although this will be a moot point when it goes adults only)..........

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Conditioning at CL?

Thanks, cairo. I figured the AC must have been broken. No one else has complained about it.

Really looking forward to trying new and different eats. The presentation looks gorgeous on some of them.

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Conditioning at CL?

Yes the "mystery" food was good lol

I only tried a couple of them, the ones that I could identify partial to all of what it was... but was very good..

The AC in the buffet isn't the strongest AC but comfortable.. We ate all our meals on the terrace except for our ala cartes and the last breakfast.

Its much more romantic outside, and I felt your cooped up inside all winter, enjoy the outside while you can for the time your there..

Charlene

england
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Conditioning at CL?

We have never had an issue with the air con in the buffet or any of the other restaurant areas in fact we found it just about right comfortable to our tastes, when we were in the US last year we found the air con to be too cool for us, guess we are not used to it in the UK.

The food in all areas we found to be to a high standard hygiene wise, we have had a hotel and two restaurants and I was pleased last visit to see one of the chefs actually checking temps with a digital thermometer both hot and cold sections.

We enjoyed the mystery foods which were appetisers especially on oriental night which I was happy to find out included pickled horseraddish delish...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Conditioning at CL?

Many North Americans prefer their rooms to be refrigerator cold. I've gone into some places where I've needed a sweater. I like a cooler room but not cold.

So glad to hear many of you have tried the mystery food and survived to tell the tale. lol There are a few photos which piqued my curiosity and wondering if anyone has tried these?

#1. Looks like a cube of watermelon with an egg yolk on top with purple flower.

#2. Appears to be a slice of cheese with strawberries and an anchovie with swirl of chocolate

#3 Wondering what's in a waffle cone? Looks like tuna or salmon???

Sans Souci...
Level Contributor
323 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Conditioning at CL?

"...The food in all areas we found to be to a high standard hygiene wise, we have had a hotel and two restaurants and I was pleased last visit to see one of the chefs actually checking temps with a digital thermometer both hot and cold sections..."

I agree veryhappytripper! This Buffet is the only one we've been to that had small cocktail napkins available throughout the food displays to use when handling the serving utensils. A "Germ-a-phobe's" dream come true! LOL!