We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are here!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
We are here!

Our time has finally arrived - got to our room at ~ 8:45 last night completely shattered after travelling for nearly 24 hours out of 36! Were in bed by 9:30,after rescuing our second suitcase which got swopped around by the bell boy with an identical one arriving on the same ferry.

We have been given the same room as we had 4 years ago, 4202, and when we woke up early this morning what a view! The large tree which obscured most of the views of the bay has been removed,either by force of Nature or a chainsaw -so we have a full and glorious sea view!!!!

My wife thinks the email that I composed in best schoolboy Spanish must have swayed the day.

Weather today was glorious - spent most of it by the quiet pool -just as we remembered it from our brief visit 4 years ago.

Our first go at the buffet tonight - didn't feel like any grub yesterday evening after the transfer from POP. Will try to book the a la cartes tomorrow and will feed back our impressions.

First impressions - very good.

London, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We are here!

Glad You arrived safely Brewerdave, hope you can keep us informed without it interrupting your holiday, flying out in 3wks time, can't wait.

Has the bosses daughters wedding happened yet ? If not can you find out what date its on plz.

Have a great holiday x

Las Galeras...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: We are here!

Glad you have arrived safely - Enjoy your holiday!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We are here!

Glad you arrived safely. Try a pina colada at the lobby bar,...they're delicious! Don't forget to book the boat tour around the island. Have a great vacation! Looking forward to your postings.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We are here!

Glad you arrived okay. I don't envy those from the UK with their long journey. You must be exhausted. I can't believe Canadians who complain about a one hour trip. Enjoy your vacation!

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,659 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We are here!

Come on Dave, do the decent thing snd send regular bulletins to cheer up the poor souls stuck at home. Maybe we can get another chain of reports going as other people arrive.

england
Level Contributor
3,097 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We are here!

HiDave, must admit was thinking about you - hoping things were OK with your trip - be interesting to see your thoughs on the booking a la carte system, the hotel seem to change the system from time to time - last time we went you booked them all on Sunday morning. We never had any problems getting what we wanted but we were not really fussy about what time we ate knowing we could always top up at the buffet or with room service if necessary - not that it was.

We found it a little strange going back to Cayo for the second time, I think we were concerned that it would not live up to our memories, it did though and some that is why we have booked again and are counting the days.

I hope that everyone on the transfer is sending a complaint to Thomson about it, very worried that they might not keep the Samana flight kind of hoping that they would consider Dreamliner Gatwick to ElCatay next year but I guess that it too much to hope....

Wishing for wall to wall sunshine and cold presidentes you for for the next two weeks and beyond cos we will be there end of May..

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
485 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We are here!

Have a great time, would Iove to read some regular postings.

Those views are breathtaking, my husband and I were just talking about it last night, we couldn't believe our luck - even right up to the last day!

Quinte West, Canada
Level Contributor
690 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We are here!

Hopefully the wifi is operating so we can all get our fix of live from posts since we all live through them thinking of our upcoming trips. Count me as guilty on this one.

LOL

Steve

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We are here!

Glad you arrived safely though completely shattered. I have to take my hat off to you troopers from the UK enduring the long flight & transfer.

Have a fab time, looking forward to your updates when you get a chance.

Deb

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We are here!

brewer dave i wish it was me.hoping you have a great holiday.ask your rep about the 6seater plane home! (i know you have only just got there, but sadly time flys at GBCL. it was a amazing experience and such a great finale to a fantastic holiday.

hope you enjoy it as much as i did.