We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Best Rooms - Cayo Levantado

hakura
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recommended Best Rooms - Cayo Levantado

Hi

We have booked to stay here in October, and have booked a Junior Superior suite. We wondered if anyone could recommend which are the best rooms to request when we get there? We wanted to upgrade, but this was the only rooms left - does anyone know how the rooms are situated, are they in the main hotel, or separate buildings? Do they have sea views etc? Is there a best room to recommend/ request? Looking at the map, we think room 2, 5,6, or 7 seem to have a beach view.... can anyone confirm if this is the case and recommend a room?

We're excited to be going to this resort, so any thoughts / help appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Best Rooms - Cayo Levantado

I'm also going in October.. getting excited.

The room you booked will be in villas 1 - 7, 11-15. I think villa 1 has the worst views. The others will have some view likely though many are obscured by all the lush greenery. Villas 2 - 6 over look the beach area. Villas 11 -15 look towards the mainland.

england
Level Contributor
3,097 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Best Rooms - Cayo Levantado

All of the junior suite superior rooms are housed in villas and they all face the sea - they are two storey units and all have foliage in front of them the topography of the island means that, most of the villas are quite high -ie you will not be able to walk to the sea from your terrace as it would indicate on the hotel map.

When emailing the hotel, about two weeks before the arrive, we just ask for a sea view and what our preference would be north or south of the island -north gives you views directly to the mainland and you are very close to the main pool, Jacuzzi and Dom Pablo, south gives you views over the two beaches generally but villa 7 looks out to sea.

With so many repeat guests, I find that it is best not to be too speficic about a room some reviewers have been disappointed not to get room xxxxx requested but as guests arrive and depart each day the hotel have to use a 'best fit' policy additionally if you are not entirely happy there are more chances of being moved as there is no fixed change over day.

But as all junior suite superior rooms are located in villas you have chosen well in my view, when you arrive you will immediately see the draw backs of the beach villas.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Best Rooms - Cayo Levantado

Hi...we spent two weeks here in villa 7, room 7201. Always ask for top floor, although our room was a end room, with a small view of the ocean. You could hear the waves crash down below while sitting on the balcony.

Our balcony was very private.

Villa 7 does not overlook the beach, but it was perfectly situated.

Belledune
Level Contributor
267 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Best Rooms - Cayo Levantado

HI

Depends on how much you are going to use your balcony i guess.... We loved ours reason was because we did not get the sun on our deck, it was always cool, which we enjoyed, and we could still see the ocean, we were in Villa 15... so this side of the island 11-15 would be cooler out on the deck. Villa 2-3-4 have the sun all day, there was a couple I talked to, they were in Villa 3, and they said the deck was too hot to sit out during the morning, and day. So I guess it depends on if you will be spending some relaxing time out there. I honestly think every Villa you will hear the waves crashing on the beach, so very relaxing.

Oh do I miss Cayo.. :)

Have a great Vacation. This is a beautiful resort, and I am sure you will not be disappointed, with any villa you get!

Cheers

Sheffield
Level Contributor
459 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Best Rooms - Cayo Levantado

I've been reviewing the layout and I'm thinking of requesting Villa 4 or 5 for our stay as they look pretty close to the beaches & pool....sort of ideal for easy access in the day time (I always get to the beach and then realise I've left my book or sunglasses!) and then it also looks ideal for a nice stroll to the restaurant and lobby in the evenings.

I don't mind if the balcony gets warm as I like to grab a siesta, then have a shower and sit outside while I paint my nails or read a book : )

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended Best Rooms - Cayo Levantado

Nick, when in October are you going? We will be there for the last week and the first week of Nov. sadly just missing Margadagio. What about you, Miisslggo? I've lost track of who is going when. Apart from us, obviously.

Edited: 22 July 2013, 16:52
Sheffield
Level Contributor
459 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended Best Rooms - Cayo Levantado

Not until April 2014 sadly....nothing like being prepared though!

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended Best Rooms - Cayo Levantado

We've stayed in villas 12, 7, 4 & 2 and loved each one for various reasons. Villa 12 looked out over a lovely little island which was beautiful with the sun shining on it. Villa 7 was on the far end looking out at the bay (endless), Villa 4 overlooked the beach and was handy going back to our room however, the hill is a little steep - the stairs are a great option for the hill. In June we stayed in villa 2 which was so close to everything. We had a great view (trees and all).

Villa 3 may be a bit busier than others as it has stairs down to the beach. You end up beside the elevator.

Our balconies had lots of shade and were very private.

Whichever villa you have, I'm sure you will be pleased.

Deb

england
Level Contributor
3,097 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended Best Rooms - Cayo Levantado

MissIggo here is a tip from a seasoned traveller, ditch the nail polish get your nail gelished - it must be the gell mind you had mine done before the hols still OK two weeks later, then I just peeled them off no damage to the nail underneath either, more beach time then.

But seriously when we went this time, I just asked for a sea view from our villa we had stayed in several villas and know them all to be good, from villas 11 - 15 it is great to watch the fishermen off the small island each morning - I love to watch people working when I am on holiday but when we were allocated villa 5 this year just loved hearing the sea as this villa is up from the windy beach.

As Missfits says you cant just stroll back to your villa unless you are in a beach villa then everyone can watch you on your terrace.... as the villas are all in elevated positions, so you get a hill mostly apart from 1 and 2 which are on the way up the hill from the patio outside the restaurant.

You have lots of time to choose but it is kind of nice to get a surprise.... some people like upper floors we like end rooms in the villas cos the bathrooms are larger and additionally are air conditioned.

Edited: 23 July 2013, 07:47
Sheffield
Level Contributor
459 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended Best Rooms - Cayo Levantado

I like gellish on my toes as they are always bright pink on holiday, but I like to change the colour of my finger nails every few days : )

I'd read about the map being slightly misleading as it doesn't show the hills, but I do a lot of hiking so it shouldn't bother me too much...plus it helps to burn off those excessive calories!!

To be honest, after waiting so long to get there I'll be happy with a pop-up tent on the beach!