We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room service - alcohol?

Southampton, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Room service - alcohol?

Following on from the question about getting coffee in the mornings from room service, with the lobby bar closing at 11pm is it possible to order any alcoholic drinks via room service, say if you fancied a bottle of wine on your balcony of an evening? This is at CL by the way!

If not, would the bar staff let you take away a whole bottle from the bar?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room service - alcohol?

You can get wine to your room but you have to pay for it. No you can't take a whole bottle from the bar but what I do when staying at an AI is get the bar person to fill my Bubba to take to the room. Never run across a place yet that won't oblige with a big smile and a tip.

Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room service - alcohol?

We'll be taking a box of wine with us for the room, I like a glass of wine late afternoon/evening and don't want the romance to be interuppted by hubby running down to the bar, but then again, it does give me a bit of peace and quiet for 15 mins LOL :D

scotland
Level Contributor
333 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room service - alcohol?

Maybe someone could advise on cost of bottles of wine?

Toronto
Level Contributor
536 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room service - alcohol?

If your at the El Portillio you can walk down the street to the mini-mart and pick up a couple bottles of wine for your room fridge cheaper than inside the resort. It's only a 5 minute walk once your outside take a right. Then you can have your own room service without picking up the phone.

england
Level Contributor
3,034 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room service - alcohol?

We used to buy wine when we had an a la carte meal and compared to prices in the UK we thought it was relatively cheap. I think we were paying between $14 - $20 for a good bottle of chillean or new world red. To be honest did not see much wine served at the lobby bar it was mainly cava or cocktails plus premium spirits-wine mainly served at meal times. the house wine in all of the a la cartes was good quality while we were there and I would imagine that those, if included as house wines rather than the ones served in the buffets would be a better option for 'in the room' drinking.

One of the things that we would do, was to place all the miniatures from the fridge into a drawer so that we got topped up with three more first day, we always then had at least 6 per day to go at...

It might be worth emailing customer services for some prices for Cava and wine delivered to your room, strange to say that this is the first 5 star AI we have stayed in where Cava was not included in the mini bar.

scotland
Level Contributor
333 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Room service - alcohol?

Yes I have put that somewhere on a post

Rooms with outside Jacuzzi show small bottles of Cava, however these are not in mini bar?

Or can they be bought or requested ?

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
159 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Room service - alcohol?

I read that the beach bar turns into a disco until 2am. Is this true?

england
Level Contributor
3,034 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Room service - alcohol?

The public beach once the vendors have gone home. open up a bar where they have some of the night time entertainment and if the weather is OK then they run a disco, dancing etc., till 2am but the beachbar at the hotel on the private beach shuts downat 6pm I think.

9. Re: Room service - alcohol?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 06:39