We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reporting in from cayo :-)

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
824 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Reporting in from cayo :-)

Hi all,

Well what can I say..... I'm in paradise!!

Arrived Sunday around 6.30pm after the gruelling 3 hour 20 minute transfer and I have to say it really wasn't pleasant, sorry for anyone who is yet to travel but just being honest. BUT,,,, within seconds of arriving and checking in I really did forget all about it :-)

So, the room... WOW... Villa 6, room 201 corner room, amazing sea view, massive 2 sink bathroom, tea shirts, rum, chocolates , fruit and a bottle of champers awaiting for us. I was absolutely overwhelmed , really was. I know I said we were celebrating our 6th anniversary but didn't expect all that.

Our friends had been upgraded also from standard to junior suite in main building

So, so far, we are loving it, food lovely, weather boiling yesterday but on and off heavy rain/ sun today. Beaches lovely, pools great, people lovely, Alexis a real gentleman who I hunted out to personally thank.

Buffet tonight for Spanish then Don Pablo tomorrow and the others later in the week.

Ps, sorry I'm late reporting in but wifi a bit hit and miss but seems much better today :-)

Anyone yet to arrive is in for a treat!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reporting in from cayo :-)

Great to hear from you. I wondered if you would report in. I really enjoy reading posts from folks on the ground. Please have a pop by whenever you can.

Anne, letting you know there is a possibility of very heavy rains Thursday. There may be a tropical wave headed that way. So far nothing serious to worry about but be aware the day may be a washout. Plan for indoor activities such as trying out all the drinks on the menu. Then you can tell us which are the best.

toronto
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reporting in from cayo :-)

Totally agree with Anne. This is an amazing resort,

We have already done the three restaurants and enjoyed them all

Went on the zip line tour. That was a lot of fun. First time

A little hint. The staff loves chocolate bars. We brought a bunch for them

We have had the pleasure of meeting Anne and have become friendly with don/Kelly

Most certainly recommend cayo.........

england
Level Contributor
3,053 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reporting in from cayo :-)

Well hi to you all, so glad that you are safe, we were beginning to get a little worried about you!!! lol

Well Anne so the plan worked both of you got an upgrade and you to a corner room, the other benefit with the corner rooms is of course that you get air con in both the main room and the bathroom. I am so glad that it is all that you hoped for. If you are tempted to try the taster menu at Dom Pablo do not be worried that there will be too much food they are smaller portions additionally I really enjoyed the cheese platter, not because the cheese is fantastic but that it is served with fruits and walnuts so very tasty.

Well back to your sun loungers - sure the storm will pass over the mainland and leave cayo bathed in sunshine, but if it does rain hope it is just a clearing up shower as my gramps used to say when we holidayed in Mablethorpe on the East Coast of England where if it is not raining it is blowing a gail.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reporting in from cayo :-)

Have a lovely holiday Anne. Thanks for the info.

Cheers 💝

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reporting in from cayo :-)

Hello folks in Cayo. I'm following the meteorological reports and will keep you updated. I know from experience that resorts don't always keep guests updated. It's still looking like the eastern shores of DR will get significant amounts of rain and possibly some winds later tonight and all day on Thursday. This won't be your regular short downpour then sunshine an hour later. I'll keep you all posted.

Bourne, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reporting in from cayo :-)

Enjoy Anne - glad you are having an amazing time!

Cwmbran, United...
Level Contributor
960 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reporting in from cayo :-)

hi anne glad your having a great time we are not looking forward to that long drive down from pp ((

Lancashire uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Reporting in from cayo :-)

Anne - hope you have a fantastic holiday, you are in the same room we got on our first visit to Cayo. Enjoy!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
824 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reporting in from cayo :-)

Thanks all, we are seriously thinking about booking for our 7th anniversary ne t September!,

Rain overnight early morning then blue skies/ clouds and boiling from 10am

The transfer disappears as soon as you arrive at the dock, and it wouldn't put me off coming again so please don't worry .

Getting ready for the brewing storm that may hit tomorrow.

Don Pablo later

Would Defo recommend the extra to upgrade to villa junior suite superior by the way, really lovely rooms

Edited: 04 September 2013, 22:46
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reporting in from cayo :-)

Enjoy dinner at DP. Let us know what you ordered.

Get answers to your questions about Samana Province