We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo Levantado, who is there?

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,495 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Cayo Levantado, who is there?

We are returning to CL on 24th October, just a year after our first visit, and I wondered if any recent guests could give an update on the management staff. I can see from reviews that the sainted Alexis is still there: Hurray!

What about Sigi? She was the very glamorous German lady who seemed to be in overall charge. She was very helpful and friendly but never gets a mention.

Who is Victor L, the one who replies to reviews? I don't recall him at all; could he be the new Sigi? Any ideas, anyone?

Las Galeras...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cayo Levantado, who is there?

Hi Miss Fitts

Am picking up an English for divers next week from, will ask them to find out for you, if no one answers before then!

Edited: 30 September 2013, 12:01
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cayo Levantado, who is there?

I'll be there next week. I'll see what I can find out.

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,495 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cayo Levantado, who is there?

Thank you both very much. Look forward to hearing from you.

Marga, I hope you have a great time, regular bulletins would be eagerly read.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cayo Levantado, who is there?

I'm positive I'll have a great time. I'm very easy going and don't expect perfection. I'm a seasoned traveller down south and fully understand the term "Caribbean time". I never understand why folks want to rush everything while on vacation.

Bringing my iPad and iPhone. If wifi holds out I'll post from time to time. :-)

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cayo Levantado, who is there?

Sigi was not there when I was in CL for 2 weeks, and there was no mention of her at all. Victor is the Manager as far as I know and a very nice man. Alexis is on a different level though.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cayo Levantado, who is there?

Alexis official title is management assistant. He seems to get around and is very nice person to deal with via e-mail. Looking forward to meeting him.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cayo Levantado, who is there?

Alexis suggested to us that his title was Senior Maitre d'hotel.

He suggested to us that he took the role to mean a strolling Maitre d vs the standard type you see at a pedestal in the front of hotels these days. He is the host, the person who takes complaints, and the general eyes and ears of the complex.

england
Level Contributor
3,034 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cayo Levantado, who is there?

When we were at Cayo two years ago Zigi Garcia arrived at the island to take over the post of general manager, when we were there in May this year she was still at the hotel, however Alexis the Concierge is the person whose face that you see around the hotel day to day checking the details. You will see Zigi and her top managers taking dinner together if you are still in the restaurant at 9pm.

The management style of Zigi Garcia is low key background if she needs to get involved personally then you know that it is serious - and I think that she is Austrian by birth.... and she does not miss a thing she runs a daily walk about with Victor and his note pad and one or other of the managers and visits every location but does not interact with the customers on the same level that Alexis does. One day at the top pool this year they team arrived and within 30 minutes the curtains were being replaced..... not sure if there was a connection... and they looked OK to me lol

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,495 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cayo Levantado, who is there?

Hello VHT, where have you been lately?

Is Zigi, or Sigi, actually there now though? I totally agree with you that she misses nothing. We found her very approachable and friendly and will be sorry if we do not meet her on this triip. Maybe Marga can report back.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cayo Levantado, who is there?

I'll see what I can find out.