We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Cayo Levantado" thread goes missing?

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
"Cayo Levantado" thread goes missing?

I had a thread update email that came at 3 am saying that something new was posted to the Cayo Levantado thread and this morning I click it and it says that it has been removed? That's crazy! What happened while I was asleep? Anyone have the 411 on this miraculously disappearing thread? What did I miss?

Tour Samana With Terry

Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Cayo Levantado" thread goes missing?

I just noticed that too... Can the original owner have it removed?

england
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Cayo Levantado" thread goes missing?

I got it also - think Jacquie is right someone just changed their mind.... lol

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Cayo Levantado" thread goes missing?

I'm not sure. Maybe I'll try to remove this thread in a few hours after it has some comments. Just to see ;-)

Tour Samana With Terry

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Cayo Levantado" thread goes missing?

It really didn't need to be here anyway. It was only posted to stir things up. BTW, I very much doubt that the person who started that thread would want to remove it for any reason. I'll bet that "Big Brother" removed it because it was hurting business.

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
474 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Cayo Levantado" thread goes missing?

We still have Jacquies Topic (how many days)to read up on....

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,290 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Cayo Levantado" thread goes missing?

If the first post of a thread (the OP, original post) is removed by community - the rest of the thread will be automatically deleted, usually within 24 hours.

If the first post is removed by a moderator from TA - then usually the whole thread is removed much faster.

Angie.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Cayo Levantado" thread goes missing?

I posted this morning in reply to a previous post -nothing political -just querying whether anyone had any definite news on the number of rooms being built!!!

8. Re: "Cayo Levantado" thread goes missing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 05:18