We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo levantado breakfast

Tamworth
Level Contributor
227 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cayo levantado breakfast

Do they have bacon and eggs

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cayo levantado breakfast

Yes. Every type of egg dish you can think of as well.

england
Level Contributor
2,917 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cayo levantado breakfast

Philip it should be said however, that it is not like english bacon more like american bacon, so if you like it thin and crispy not problem, hubby used to like it on top of pancakes with maple syrup. One thing that they do have from time to time is round gamon steaks with pineapple on top. You wont go short of things to chose from smoke salmon and caviar with a helping of scrambled eggs was my contribution to the low fat diet... lol

Tamworth
Level Contributor
227 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cayo levantado breakfast

It looks like I'm sorted then the wife will be ok with the salmon, just about to have my bacon eggs and mushrooms but won't be sitting outside a bit chilly here.

cannock...
Level Contributor
223 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cayo levantado breakfast

Do they do French toast as well it's my favourite

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cayo levantado breakfast

yep...french toast there every morning.

Tamworth
Level Contributor
227 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cayo levantado breakfast

Dayel.

Do they do sausage, that would make my day.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cayo levantado breakfast

Im pretty sure they do...Im a vegetarian but I'm positive I saw breakfast sausage there every morning.

Breakfast is a veritable feast for the eyes...your taste buds will love it but after 2 or 3 days your stomach will hate you and warn you to slow down a wee bit.

As mentioned above there is black and red caviar, fruit (although bananas were seldom seen), do NOT miss the mango it is likely one of the best Ive eaten anywhere. Prosciutto, Bacon, boiled, fried, scrambled, over easy , sunny side up, poached and pretty much any other style egg you can think of. Breads of all types, Butter or margarine, jams, rolls, Juices of multiple fresh flavors and coffee. Beef, chicken and pork...fish of all styles.

You WILL gain weight. Enjoy.

england
Level Contributor
2,917 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cayo levantado breakfast

Dont forget the smoothies, champagne and bloody mary makings. The sausages are two types, the frankfurter american type and from time to time the sort that you will recognise from the UK but unfortunately you dont get to see any of those spicey fat beauties we call Lincolnshire Sausages..... Ifyou see it do try the fried milk, it is usually by the hot chocolate samova with the pastries and donuts, it is like little cubes of vanilla blancmange deep fried, it sounds weird but put it on a plate with some mashed plantains and it is just great. Also you will see mashed potatoes at breakfast, very west midlands with a couple of fried eggs and some has browns but no good for the diet.

Additionally the toaster is one of the all the way round ones, so pop in your bread while you are waiting for your eggs, it is next to the egg station, but as Dayal says why eat bread (or toast) when you can eat smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, the no carb thing is good here saving room for another cocoloco.....

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cayo levantado breakfast

Love my bacon thin and crispy so that's fine, but would black pudding be too much to hope for? Yes, I know it's the Caribbean but you never know!

Cheers ❤️

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cayo levantado breakfast

They may serve the local sausage - longaniza which can be of very good quality especially when given a drizzle of lime juice. Also good with mangú - a savory puree made with mashed plantains

They may also serve black pudding - morcilla - which would probably be similar to the Spanish version made with rice but very tasty.

IMO the bacon and frankfurters from expereince of other hotels are best avoided. Things will be different as you are not in your home country. Look on it as an opportunity to enjoy new things!!