We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Cayo Levantado Villa room Question

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Another Cayo Levantado Villa room Question

Are the villas that contain the Superior Junior Suites two stories and how many units on each floor? Thinking of asking (wishful thinking) for a suite in villas 4,5 or 6 facing the water on the upper floor. Is that how you would ask for that or is there a suite room number system that would be easier?

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Cayo Levantado Villa room Question

I think they're all two storeys with three rooms per floor.

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Cayo Levantado Villa room Question

We were in villa 12 which was 2 storey and 4 rooms on each floor. Really don't know if all the villas are the same.

Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Cayo Levantado Villa room Question

The villas are 8 rooms. 4 up 4 down. We just got back and had a upper room in villa 5, awesome. I think villa 4 may of had a slightly better view, but we were well happy listening to the waves.

John and Judy.

england
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Cayo Levantado Villa room Question

The villas are as stated two storey with four suites on each level, not all the upper floors have the best views especially on the north of the island but if you are narrowing your choice to just villas 4 5 and 6 the most popular choices note that they are built on a steep incline but the vegetation is planted around the villas so the lower floors may have tree trunks in front and the upper floors may have leaves in front. In the villas themselves the two central rooms are have smaller bathrooms and only the bedroom has an aircon unit, the two outside rooms take an L shaped format with the bathroom at the edge of the villa so has that little extra space taken from the lobby area of the villa and additionally has air con in it, usually has two sink units whereas the central room bathrooms only have one. So suite 12001 will be lower floor in villa 12 ouside edge suite down stairs suite 12102 will be upper floor central suite. Hope that makes sence. As repeat guests we have always had an outer suite and in villa 5 the lower floors in my opinion had better views - our friends in a central suite on the upper floor had a leafy view, but still stunning and as Johnny says the sound of the waves. One thing to mention is that non of the villa suites that we have been in or stayed in got direct sunshine onto the balcony terrace area - they are built to keep cool and conserve the energy needed for the air con, they have low lighting as well, electricity in DR is very expensive.

Edited: 09 January 2014, 07:45
Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Cayo Levantado Villa room Question

Thanks everyone ! I just e-mailed the resort with my wish list. VeryHappyTripper am I to assume there are corner units plus center units in these villas?

england
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Cayo Levantado Villa room Question

Yes you will see from pic that the villas have an entrance hall at both levels with four doors in front of you. The two central suites are a block with bathroom on left or right as you go in and main room further on. The two end suites utilise some of the space from the entrance hall to create a larger bathroom. The two end units are larger than the central ones.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another Cayo Levantado Villa room Question

I've noticed that the Thomson brochure no longer says that the villa rooms have sea views, just that they're on higher ground. When we booked for our 2011 trip I'm sure the brochure mentioned sea views, but it seems that for many villa rooms there's a fair amount of foliage in the view.

england
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another Cayo Levantado Villa room Question

Yes it has been a contentious issue on some forum Bearnard - all of the villas in junior suite superior category at present are sea facing, some of the junior suite deluxe are sea facing and some garden facing. But to be honest going to such a tropical island you have to be aware of the fact that there will be lots of foliage I think that the trees help hold the island together !!! lol

In the five years that we have been going to Cayo a lot of the wild areas have been tamed by the garden staff however all the perimiter of the island is only lightly tended. We did see a couple of gardners two years ago in front of our terrace one morning clearing dead leaves and branches and ground cover foliage which was encroching on our terrace.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another Cayo Levantado Villa room Question

We stayed in block 4 in 2009 on the upper floor in a centre room- we had a partial seaview because there was a large tree in front of the centre of the block -however,when we went back in May 2013 -to the SAME room! - the tree had gone, either as the result of storm damage, or had been removed by the hotel - the resulting view from the balcony was spectacular!!!!

Edited: 10 January 2014, 08:53
Cardiff
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another Cayo Levantado Villa room Question

Further - don't worry about the bathrooms -the centre suites still have loads of room albeit slightly less than the corner suites!!