We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Star System Controversy

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
859 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
The Star System Controversy

I've just read my umpteenth review where the person has declared that this hotel or another is definitely not a five star or is a three to four star at most! As if to suggest that they are the victim of an elaborate ruse.

Simply put, there is no official star rating system in the Caribbean. It is not regulated by anyone. Yes, some countries in Europe have standards that are regulated; however you cannot take that standard and apply it to a resort or hotel in different countries.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
453 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Star System Controversy

Simply put, some people are idiots who don't do their homework before booking a holiday...they are also ignorant to the differing living standards in certain countries!

York
Level Contributor
175 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Star System Controversy

I guess people are looking for different things. We were there last February going back on Tuesday. We have travelled extensively ( for more years than I care to mention) CL ticks all the boxes for us. If it didn't we would not be going back.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Star System Controversy

It's fair enough to complain if you're paying 5* prices, but many of the 5* hotels in DR are hardly bank busters. For me CL was a 5* location which in itself deserved a premium price compared to hotels on the mainland, and even though not everything was perfect we had a great time and thought it was very good value for money.

england
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Star System Controversy

In a review before Christmas a customer was comparing CL with another resort in DR which she raved about, when I checked out that resort it was 60% more expensive for us to travel to than Cayo. When we look at hotels we compare like with like in the location and also look at the star system used by the tour operator rather than rely on the hotels own system or the countries own system. This year looking at a five star apartment in Greece but it wont be the same at a five star hotel in Paris or Samana it is like comparing chalk with cheese but some people expect that five stars will get you a pillow menu, night time turn down, butler service at your beach bed full english breakfast even in a muslim country and extensive 24/7 room service with a full set of optics in your room. But dont seem to want to pay for it - $100 dollars a day per room for everything you get at Cayo is big bang for anyones buck try booking the same thing in the maldives now and dont get me started about Sandals.... we are still paying £1500 per person for two weeks in May each including transfers. Just spent two hours in a pub in Aylesbury and six of us spent £40 in drinks only had a couple each - no wine - Sunday lunch £15.00 per head and we thought it a bargain.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
357 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Star System Controversy

If you are paying $1000 and expect five star treatment (whatever that is), then you will be disappointed.

Actually, I just googled it and there is a Hotel Classification System by the Caribbean Tourism Organization. This is their definition of five star:

"Here you should find spacious and luxurious accommodation throughout the hotel, matching the best international standards. Interior design should impress with its quality and attention to detail, comfort and elegance. Furnishings should be immaculate. Services should be formal, well supervised and flawless in attention to guests' needs, without being intrusive. The restaurant will demonstrate a high level of technical skill, producing dishes to the highest international standards. Staff will be knowledgeable, helpful, well versed in all aspects of customer care, combining efficiency with courtesy."

It's pretty vague but it does give you a bit of an idea when compared with the lower ratings.

To me, it's pretty simple: if I can afford it, then it's not a true five star haha

Sheffield
Level Contributor
453 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Star System Controversy

Alice666....we're the same!! Cayo Levantado is over our usual budget but it's a special occasion so we don't mind...but we still know it's not going to be world class luxury!

We managed to bag a week in Turkey at a hotel called Maxx Royal and that was 5 star, but you would have thought it was 7 star, I've never seen anything like it, (and probably never will again!)...you could smell the money in that place. If we expected all 5 star hotels to be at that standard we'd be constantly disappointed!

Toronto
Level Contributor
568 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Star System Controversy

I think the Star system being Pre-Internet and Pre-Trip Advisor it's almost become redundant. With Websites, Webcams and real time on the ground communication from Travelers who needs stars anymore.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
357 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Star System Controversy

Emma, I hear ya! I started out with hostels and 1-2 star places, then moved onto 3 stars and now I'm sitting comfortably at what's considered 4 star kind of joints haha. There are actually 7 stars places in Dubai and that hotel in Turkey seems like that too (now I need to go check it out and day dream a little haha).

All in all, I am not entirely against the star system. As I said, there is a clear difference between, for example 1-2 star ratings and 3-4 stars (that's where it gets sort of blurry). When looking for a hotel/vacation package, the star rating helps narrow down the choices which is pretty good. However, as Drewboy says, there is a need to do your due dilligence and double check everything on TA and other resources that are now available.

9. Re: The Star System Controversy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 07:18