We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Toronto
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay?

We will be traveling mid-February with our almost 4 year old and I am trying to decide where to stay. I have researched using this website and I am down to two options: Jenny's place and Grand Anse Beach Palace. We like the smaller scale of these places and having a kitchen so we can pack lunch to take to the beach. We plan on renting a car to go visit different beaches and the island.

Pigsterz, thanks for recommendation for the lance aux epines cottage, but I would have a hard time without access to the internet as I like to research things as we go. (And my husband likes his TV at night...)

Any comments on either place that could help me make a decision?

InterContinental...
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Hi there, we (my husband and two kids, 9 and 5 will be travelling around Feb 8th for a week...we are staying at the Grand Beach on Grand Anse. Well we just visited and read so many reviews as well. It all looks good. Don't worry you guys are one of the nicest beaches. I hope we have a great time too....my kids are wondering what there is to do, but we also hope to be touring a bit around the island...we love that. Take care and all the best.......good luck.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

I think either choice is fine. :-)

LAE Cottages do have internet, just no tv. I can't live without internet either! LOL. I can pretty much do without anything else except internet. Nor can my hubby as I will drive him crazy. LOL. ;-)

Enjoy your vacation!

Crozet, VA
Level Contributor
628 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

We have stayed several times at Jenny's Palace and really like it. Jennifer Hosten, Miss World 1970 and her husband Shaun own and operate the place. They live on the premises and are true hosts! There is also a restaurant there. There is a bustop there, and it is within easy walking on the beach to Spiceland Mall and about 10 other restaurants. The Beach Palace is right next door. So basically the location is the same. I did take a tour of the Beach Palace and it is nice. The only thing I didn't like was the rooms smelled musty but it was in the slow season. Either place would be fine for your family.

Alaska
Level Contributor
372 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

I was just going to write about Lance Aux Epines Cottages, but I see you ruled them out. They are perfect for a family. They do have a game room with tv; billiards; ping pong; fooz ball; computer for guest use (internet). It has been very pleasant for our family. I believe they do have internet access within the cottages as well (but no tv inside the cottages).

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

Hi gigoteuse: Have you looked at Seaview Apartments? It is right next to Grand Anse Palace and Jenny's. Long front yard to grand anse beach for your 4 year old to run around in. Beautiful sunset view from the porch. enjoy your stay.

Grenada
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

I also warmly recommend the Beach Palace, you will feel like family there, it is not a usual hotel, where you just feel like guest. At Beach Palace, they treat you like family, and that makes it so special. I am living in Grenada, and know both places (Jennys and Beach Palace), and I would prefer the Beach Palace. It is right besides Jennys, so you can always go there and sit down at their great beach bar to have a drink. Beach Palace has a bar on the first floor, open air, very nice too! Jennys is just being renovated, construction is going on there right now, looks like they are adding up, the bar/restaurant will get bigger, from what you see.

Still, both places are awesome, family atmosphere rather than the usual hotel, for everybody who really wants to enjoy real Grenada!

7. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 13:20