We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laluna Cottage Suites

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
53 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Laluna Cottage Suites

Can anyone recommend one cottage suite over another at Laluna? I know they all are attached to another unit, but hoped certain ones might feel more private or have a better view.

Alaska
Level Contributor
147 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laluna Cottage Suites

We had #11, and LOVED it. The plunge pool had the most magnificent view - perfect place for appetizers at sunset. I wrote a trip report on TTOL and have many pictures of La Luna if it would help to take a look at it...

www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/showflat.php…

We stayed there 4 nights at the end of an almost 3 week trip. The cottage suites are a bit like duplex's. #11 had someone on one side - but on the other side there was nothing. If you have any questions, ask away. Hope this helps.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
53 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laluna Cottage Suites

Thanks so much for your response. In fact we're using Sky Auction, as you did and I have to admit I'm feeling really anxious about it. There's very little room on the flights to Grenada for the dates we want and I've read horrible stories about Sky Auction taking forever to confirm dates. In your experience, how long does it generally take for Sky Auction to confirm your dates? In particular, were they quick in confirming the Laluna trip? And, if you don't mind my asking, do you remember how much you saved per night on Laluna by using Sky Auction? After the surcharges and fees, we're saving about $190, which I think is good. I'm just so worried that SKy Auction will take forever to confirm our dates and by that time the flights will be full, but the dates will be unchangeable. Sorry for the long list of questions.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laluna Cottage Suites

We stayed in Cottage 9, which is attached to Cottage 10. It is located in the middle-level of the hill and had very nice views. My trip report with photos can be viewed here (scroll down): …verizon.net/mymoosieme/…hotel.htm

I've also used skyauction several times and they've typically been relatively quick to respond, usually within a few days. If you do find yourself in a position where you need to change your dates, contact the hotel directly. The hotel may be willing to accommodate your request. I've done it in the past and it was not a big deal. Some of the resorts are not aware that your dates are not supposed to be changeable. Not that I am encouraging you to book your flight before you confirm the hotel...this is just an fyi so you don't think all is automatically lost. :-)

Alaska
Level Contributor
147 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laluna Cottage Suites

Hi. No problem with the questions... I just looked at my La Luna auction. We won the bid on a Wednesday, on Thursday we got an e-mail saying "reservation pending confirmation from supplier" and on Friday we got an e-mail saying "reservation confirmation". So, ours was very fast! Typically I find it does not take long. That being said, one year we did have a pretty slow response time from the supplier.

As far as money goes - we were there in low season, and I know we saved at least $150 a night. I've used Skyauction many times and never have been disappointed. It has allowed me to stay at properties I never would have stayed at otherwise. (Next year Guana Island - BVI.)

Good luck. I have not tried to change dates, so not sure about that...

5. Re: Laluna Cottage Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Grenada