We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General Info please

Porlamar, Venezuela
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
General Info please

My friend and I live in Venezuela and are thinking of going to Grenada for a quick 3 day trip in March. We don't really require nice beaches or nightlife since we have plenty of that at home. Mostly we are hoping to do some shopping to get items not available here.

Where is the best area for shopping? Malls, grocery stores, etc. Would that be St. George and if so what area?

Is the airport in St. George?

Do you know of any economical accomodations near shopping areas?

Where is the best place to exchange dollars to local currency or is that even necessary as I understand dollars are accepted?

Thanks!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General Info please

What kind of items are you looking to shop for? Grenada is not a mecca for typical shopping. Most Grenadians go to Miami or Trinidad to do the typical "mall" shopping.

There are grocery stores in the Grand Anse area, as well as in town in St. George. Most of the shopping in the Grand Anse area are geared towards the tourists. Locals tend to shop in town. Hotels would be in the Grand Anse area as well. What does economical mean to you? Give us a budget range so we can make appropriate suggestions, as economical means different things to different people.

The airport is in the southern end of the island and it is in the parish of St. George's, though not in downtown St. George.

US$ are accepted, as are credit cards. However you will be given change back in EC.

2. Re: General Info please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2010, 06:16