We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from the Calabash

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from the Calabash

We will be staying at the Calabash for 2 weeks and will only have a car part of the time and plan on using taxis for dinners on other days. So, I am trying to get an idea of which restaurants are the furthest as we will visit those when we have the car and take taxis to the closest to save on costs.

The restaurants we are interested in are:

Red Crab

Dodgy Dock

Coconuts

Le Chateau

Beach House

Boots

BB's

Aquarium

and, Charcoals , which I believe is close by.

We will eat at Rhodes other nights and take a taxi for Fish Friday.

Thanks alot,

Barb

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from the Calabash

anyone?? :)

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from the Calabash

hi - sorry I am having to type with one hand but I know how you are wanting an answer...my 4 month old is in other arm....

Red Crab and Charcoals are on the same road...Dodgy Dock is further afield but closer I believe than Beach House, Aquarium.

Boots is in an awkward location and further still.

Le Chateau and La Boulangerie (my big suggestion) are easy walking distance. BB's is in town and Coconuts down the beach...so...

a suggestion...

cab to boots for sure as it is in odd far location with poor complicated parking.

Drive to Red Crab, Beach House and Dodgy Dock and Charcoals....

Aquarium has horrific parking or it is street parking - which is fine but a bit of a pain esp. if there are a lot of people there....BB's has parking in town that may likely be full then you are searching St.Georges at night for parking which will likely cause some stress...I did many laps trying to find parking in that area....So cabs I recommend here plus Coconut Beach you can walk down the beach before the sun sets then grab a cab back.

For walking distance you may also consider Belle Creole - very close walk and even Savvy's a little further up the road.

does this make sense...complcated typing...but wanting to get you a resonse!!

Have a wonderful time!!!!!!

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from the Calabash

Oh my goodness, I am sorry about your hand. Someone would have eventually answered, so thank you!!!

So, not that complicated. I think I got it.

Walking Distance from the Calabash is Le Chateau and Belle Creole (not on list, but looks good!)

Driving - Red Crab, Charcoal, Dodgy and Beach House

Taxi - Aquarium, Boots, BB's Coconuts

For some reason, I thought Charcoals was within walking distance, No??

London, Canada
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from the Calabash

Caribheart was a little distracted when she so kindly responded to you! I think she may have mixed up Calabash and Coyaba (which is near Grande Anse).

Calabash is definitely within walking distance of the Red Crab, Prickly Bay Marina (a pizza and ice cream place) and Charcoals. Dodgy Docks is a short drive away (with easy parking). The Beach House will provide complimentary transportation if requested at the time of making your reservation. The Aquarium (which is just past the airport) and restaurants in the Grand Anse area are a little bit further out and would probably cost about $40 EC one way via taxi. Boots is even a bit farther I would think. You will have an excellent dinner at Rhodes and will only have to worry about walking back to your room!

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance from the Calabash

Thanks, mommadee!!

Barb

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance from the Calabash

Good grief sorry, true!!

ahh - Calabash....beautiful for you!!!

Sorry!!

London
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Distance from the Calabash

Coconut Beach, le Chateau and La Belle Creole are a 7-10 minute drive away from the Calabash Hotel and BB's is in the centre of town which is a 15-20 minute drive away.

8. Re: Distance from the Calabash

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2010, 05:17