We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,405 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry

Okay, so if you were to arrive on Grenada late at night and plan to take the ferry to Carriacou the next morning where would you stay for the night? Also, how much is the approximate taxi cost from the airport to a hotel and then from the hotel to the ferry dock?

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry

The distance between the airport and Grand Anse - beach with many hotels - and the port is not far at all. Fares are determined in part by number of people travelling on taxi.

There are an abundance of and a wide variety of places to stay along the way...including apartments - resorts most being on or in the area of Grand Anse but I have read in previous posts here that there is also a couple of places right in St.Georges (stunning capital of Grenada - where the ferry leaves from).

I don't know how to do this really so here is my best effort - try this link to a thread regarding places to stay in or around St.Georges - fingers crossed this works.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147296-i519-k3719…

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,405 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry

Thanks. We'll probably stay at Flamboyant.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry

Excellent choice!! Have a wonderful time!

London
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry

There is a small hotel in the heart of the city - Deyna's City Inn - which is within walking distance of the Carenage and the Osprey Ferry to Carriacou. Deyna's is located in Melville Street opposite the main bus terminal - and it is approx. 10 minutes walk (via the Sendall Tunnel) to get to the Carenage. From the airport it should cost approx EC $40-70 to Deyna's. There are two in-house restaurants - 1 is Deyna's which is a cafe and there is also Spices Restaurant - both belong to the hotel. If you need to take a taxi from Deyna's to the ferry, it should cost between EC $20-40. Contactc for Deyna's City Hotel are: Email: cityinn@spiceisle.com; dyn_hercules@yahoo.com; Website: www.deynascityinn.com; Tel: 1 473 435 7007/6830.

Edited: 14 September 2010, 16:32
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
175 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry

Hi - we are doing the same thing in January and, although we have stayed at the Flamboyant previously but this time we have opted for the Tropicana which is much nearer the ferry. Haven't been there before but it has been recommended.

Crozet, VA
Level Contributor
628 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry

We have stayed several times at the Tropicana as it is so close to the dock. It is a "business man's" hotel. Nothing fancy but clean, and the price is right! The restaurant there is quite good. Ask for a room in the back so you won't have the street noise(which isn't bad.) My husband loves their "Grenadian Breakfast", and we sometimes have to go there just for breakfast. It is also close to a bus stop.

7. Re: Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2011, 06:53
Get answers to your questions about Grenada