We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels

After reading the previous question about adult only hotels, I looked at some of the suggestions. They were all lovely, but a little pricey for what we want. We are planning a trip there in March for 10 - 12 days. We would like a nice, clean hotel which is reasonably priced. It does not have to be an adult only hotel.

Can you help?

Maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels

I would consider Mount Cinnamon. The grounds are large enough that you don't really see many people. They only have 21 villas/suites so it would limit how many people/children are there during your stay. We really only saw the other hotel guests at breakfast and some of them on the beach. The villas are separated from one another and are very quiet inside so you wouldn't hear much from the other guests.

Crozet, VA
Level Contributor
642 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels

We have stayed in quite a few different hotels, and have found the Allamanda on Grand Anse Beach to be the best deal for us. It is in a great location - middle of the beach, easy walking to about 10 different restaurants, Spiceland Mall and the bus stop. It is reasonably priced, clean, wifi, the staff are quite nice and they let us have a late checkout . It is not fancy, and is outdated but we like it. It does have a restaurant and bar, swimming pool, beach chairs, beach towels, a/c, hair dryers , coffee pot & dorm refrigerator. www.allamandaresort.com

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels

The Grand Anse Beach Palace Hotel is on the north end of the beach and is reasonably priced. If you are adventurous and are on a tight budget the Lazy Lagoon has cottages, they are basic no frills, but I was able to get one for $30 a day last january.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels

I second the suggestion for Mt Cinnamon. Take a look at Flamboyant as well. They have a nice pool area above Grand Anse.

An alternative is Kalinago hotel on BBC (Morne Rouge) beach. It is a newer hotel and they have a very nice pool right by the beach. We toured several rooms and they were very very nice! The only thing I would caution is there is a club at the Gem hotel next door and I don't know if there are noise issues from it.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels

Kalingao does look fantastic!

I always encourage the Flamboyant to be an option as for us it was idyllic..

Mount Cinamon looked lovely when we were there and have one of my favorite restaurants plus great amenities on the beach.

I think however, MC could be the more expensive of the three...likely worth it though!!

Hmmmm... I have often wondered about Coyaba as it is ON Grand Anse close to Spice Island etc....

Enjoy!!!!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels

I'll be staying at both Flamboyant and Mt Cinnamon in December. If you can wait to book I'll let you know how the 2 are. Very different price points.

NEW YORK, NY
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels

Mount Cinnamon sounds like it would fit perfectly. I third the suggestion !

8. Re: Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 05:16