We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Springs

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Hot Springs

Been doing lots of 'surfing' looking for things to to while spending our 4 weeks in Grenada (yay - only 13 sleeps left!)

Came across mention of Hot Springs that says 'One of the easier sites to get to, is the Claboney hot springs in Grenville. It is open to everyone and you can drive to within about a hundred yards of the actual springs themselves, but will have to walk the final bit.'

Has anyone been there? Suggestions - and once you drive there, is the 'walk' on a path or is it a trek through the bushes. Always cautious - don't wish to get lost!

UK
Level Contributor
494 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Springs

Hi

I see nobody has replied so I'll jump in.

We've bought Paul Crasks's book on Grenada (which I recommend especially if you're staying for 4 weeks - it's a Bradt guide) and in that it says

"In actual fact the hot springs are very disappointing, espceially if you either come from or have visited other countries that are known for their hot springs. There is a pool with rather lukewarm, somewhat unappealing water, surrounded by overgrown bush."

I don't think I'd break my neck to get there if I were you!

hope this helps.

Do get the Bradt guide - we got one for Dominica last year (same author) and wouldn't have found half so much stuff without it.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot Springs

Thanks - we do have the Brandt guide - here in Canada, I had to special order it - but I find it has lots more info than the other guide books we picked up.

And we have some great hotsprings out here - but always like to try something new and thought maybe some locals might have some thoughts - much like you did with Independence Day:)

Thanks again

Sidney, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot Springs

Harrison maybe? A BC girl here and I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot Springs

Harrison, Nakusp, Ainsworth, Canyon.... We have some great hotsprings here - but I love trying the different ones when we travel:)

another BC girl here - will keep you posted on our trip:)

Grosse Pointe...
Level Contributor
2 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hot Springs

I went to the "Hot Springs" dead center on the island of Grenada. The trip there was quite an adventure. First, the road to the "springs" is not well traveled and not in the best of conditions(February 2010); second, make sure your driver knows the area and is game to take you there. Once there, the hike back is not more than 1/4 mile and just beautiful; when we actually arrived at the springs I was in disbelief; it was 15 feet across by 10 feet; brownish yellow in color, debris floating on the surface and a temperature of 81 degrees Extremely disappointing but one of the best trips I have had getting too!!! Scale of 1 - 10 my adventure was a 9(even though the springs had a temperature far below that!!!

St. George's...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hot Springs

Grenada Board of Tourism has stopped tourist from going there cause the spring is privately own by a local and has no intentions on making it a toutist attraction for the island and its a "sulphur spring" which helps to clean your skin, thats why its has a rustique looking colour, the road to get there is rugged and its in the rain forest of the island. Sorry to say, its no longer a tourist attraction in Grenada

Grosse Pointe...
Level Contributor
2 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hot Springs

Thanks for the update; I am leaving for Grenada Saturday and planned on going to the springs on the north east side of the island, do you know if those are still opened?

Take care,

Jocelyn

8. Re: Hot Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 20:19