We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental question

Level Contributor
408 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental question

My family will be there during Christmas week. We are staying at the Blue Horizons which I hear is within walking distance to restaurants, groceries, beach, as well as buses. My question is: We will want to go out to other areas and beaches to explore different parts of the island. We will also be there for Christmas & Boxing Day and I'm not sure if that inhibits our options of what may be open or not. I don't think we need a car the whole week but since it's a busy week would it be advisable to book ahead. Any car rental companies that we should use (or not!)

Thanks so much!

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental question

We had great success with Azar Rentals. Friendly, prompt drop off and pick up and very reasonable prices.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
151 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental question

My wife and I get to the Blue Horizons on 12/9 and leave on the 22nd. Maybe we will be there when you get there.

Andrew (and Margo) in Savannah

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental question

We've rented many times from Azar Rentals and always had great service. They will drop off and pickup the car from your hotel, or meet you at the airport. They are easy going and always prompt.

Sausalito, CA
Level Contributor
101 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental question

We have been there at that time and rented a car really easily on a whim. I don't think it's an issue about booking ahead. Grenada is never super crowded. Even in the high season they always seem happy to fill out the volume of tourists. We used D & R (I think those were the initials) and they were great. We were at the Flamboyant and that is who they used. Definitely rent a car, well worth it-especially if you already drive on the left side. By the way, everything folds up on boxing day, so renting a car is about all you can do.

5. Re: Car rental question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 09:21
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor