We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grenada Resorts Make Top 25

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,292 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Grenada Resorts Make Top 25

Hi All

Anyone notice that a couple of Grenada resorts made TA's top 25 resorts. For a complete list check out the link.

tripadvisor.ca/TravelersChoice-Hotels-cAllIn…

Cheers

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
781 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grenada Resorts Make Top 25

That's awesome. Good to have some positives for Grenada although I prefer to keep it to ourselves. Don't want too many going to our little piece of paradise and over crowding it.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,292 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grenada Resorts Make Top 25

I agree. May have to send TA a note telling them to sensor Grenada hotels...lol. Keep the little island paradise a secret.

Cheers

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grenada Resorts Make Top 25

Can't believe La Source made the list! Was just there, and I thought it had a pretty setting but they were cutting corners. Folks said the standards are a lot lower since the bank took over due to financial losses. If you book there, be SURE to get trip insurance that covers every kind of cancellation, including resort bankruptcy and tropical storms, because La Source makes you pay 100% up front and will not give your money back under any circumstances.

Edited: 26 January 2012, 02:07
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grenada Resorts Make Top 25

Can't believe La Source made the list! Was just there, and I thought it had a pretty setting but they were cutting corners. Folks said the standards are a lot lower since the bank took over due to financial losses. If you book there, be SURE to get trip insurance that covers every kind of cancellation, including resort bankruptcy and tropical storms, because La Source makes you pay 100% up front and will not give your money back under any circumstances.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grenada Resorts Make Top 25

I'm surprised Laluna didn't make the list considering they're the ones I see advertising the most in magazines.

Don't worry guys, it looks like the two that made the list are the AI... and you know the folks who stay there never go out and explore the "real" Grenada, so they won't be crowding the other beaches. ;-)

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
781 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grenada Resorts Make Top 25

Agree with Pigsterz but we always stay at an AI. We always budget to either eat out a few times or rent a car and have driven around Grenada 3 times. I know most people don't venture out but Grenada is so safe and the locals friendly. This time we are flying to Carriacou and then on a full day boat trip with SimplyCarriacou to the Grenadines in 2 weeks. Can't wait. Will give a full trip report when we return.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grenada Resorts Make Top 25

Glad that Grenada has positive exposure! The gentle balance between a solid tourist industry and not an exploited out of control damaged island is what I hope for. When we have travelled there we were most stunned when we saw the sudden drop off in tourism due to the recession in the U.S... so more than that but less (A LOT) than say...D.R!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grenada Resorts Make Top 25

lagerbeer, hope I didn't offen you with my AI statement. I really was referring to the guests who stay at the two resorts that were on the list. Most guests that we met during the cocktail parties at one said resort are there for 2 weeks but never venture off the property. The extent of their exploration may be one guided tour for a day, it at all.

I know those who stay at other AI properties are more adventurous and do explore the island.

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
781 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grenada Resorts Make Top 25

Not offended. We need to reiterate the need to get out of the resort and experience, regardless of what island you visit. This time around I'm looking forward to riding the buses as well as visit some local bars on Grand Anse. We are staying at the Flamboyant so I also hope the Owl will provide some entertainment with the locals.

Love reading your posts and gathering information for you to help our Grenadian experience. Did anyone notice the CNN article on line in the travel section ? Mostly talked about the up coming sailing event but again good positive exposure.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grenada Resorts Make Top 25

Will you be there lagerbeer during the sailing event? We enjoyed watching it from a distance - but comfortably up on our balcony at the Flamboyant!! Stunning views!!

Pigsterz is absolutely right about what those who stay ONLY on AI's are missing out on...I know that so many are almost trained by other islands that you stay on your compound and venture off for a day tour then back to the compound....one of the blessings and joys of Grenada - that you can travel easily and freely throughout the island...but yes it is a message that needs to be shared regularly and convincingly....so sad that such limitations have existed in other places.

Get answers to your questions about Grenada