We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Trip

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anniversary Trip

Hello all. Never been to Grenada, in fact I have not been to any

Caribbean island accept Haiti when i was a youth for a missions trip.

We are looking for suggestions in helping us plan a trip for our upcoming 20th anniversary.

Would rather stay in a hut/cottage than a big hotel. Would love for it to be on a beach. Would site see a few days. Most of the trip we would like to be on the beach/water and then into the town to enjoy the local people, food and entertainment. A budget of approx $3,000.

Any thoughts concerning these parameters and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

boston
Level Contributor
554 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Trip

Those are pretty broad parameters. I can tell you that we rented a small condo in between Grande Anse and BBC beach for 11 days. Perfect and budget friendly. We also rented a jeep and explored pretty much the entire island. Your budget looks good tho I don't know where you are flying from. You can make some food and eat at local stands and save a ton of money. Try VRBO and FlipKey for rentals. That's how we found ours.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Trip

Congrats on the soon to be 20th anniversary! Definitely a reason to celebrate, and Grenada is a great choice to celebrate this special occasion.

Are you looking for a more rustic beach hut/cottage? Mid-price? Upscale? Does it have to be a cottage by itself, or can it be part of a small property? Let us know and we can steer you in the right direction.

What month are you looking to go?

I think your budget is certainly doable. The great thing about Grenada is there are choices for different price points.

I believe the condo that jdgosox is referring to is the Mahogany Run (did I get that right, jdgosox?). That is in a great location, with easy access to both BBC beach and Grand Anse beach.

Edited: 02 June 2012, 05:25
boston
Level Contributor
554 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary Trip

You got that right. We took the smallest at Mahogany Run but it was just fine for two of us. Great views. Clean and simple.

4. Re: Anniversary Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:41