We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

post cards and stamps

fort worth
Level Contributor
205 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
post cards and stamps

Fellow travelling vagabonds,

I am travelling to Grenada in December and want to know where to purchase postcards and stamps. I want to send snail mail cards back to the USA.

I am staying at the Coyaba Beach Resort.

Any ideas on where to purchase stamps and cards for international mail?

Thanks.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: post cards and stamps

I get my postcards at the IGA Real Value supermarket at the Spiceland mall, across the street from Coyaba. The stamps I buy at the front desk of the hotel where I stay and they also mail them for me.

There is a post office on the north end of Grand Anse. It is across from the road that goes up to the golf course... Sort of across from Roydon's apartments.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
84 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: post cards and stamps

Sending postcards form Grenada is believe-it-or-not kind of a challenge. First, there are few places that sell postcards, but I found some old ones in a small shop in a small town. Then, you have to find an open post office fro stamps. There is one on the road heading south out of St. George, but they seemed to be closed all the time. One day they were open. The stamps were expensive. I never saw one mail box in Grenada. You have to go back to the post office to mail them. I asked our taximan to stop and he did.

England, United...
Level Contributor
8,965 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: post cards and stamps

Although it is a couple of years since I stayed at the Coyaba, I seem to recall that the little gift shop sells postcards and stamps.

If not, the front desk will assist you.

Enjoy your stay and say "Hello" to Stanley, the head barman, who makes the best Brandy coffees on the planet!

Regards

Mondial

4. Re: post cards and stamps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Grenada