We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Grenada

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Grenada

Hi all! My fiance and I have just about decided on Grenada as a honeymoon location for June/July. I know it's the rainy season, but from what I've read, it's not too bad in June/July (we don't have our exact dates set), and we'd prefer a less crowded time anyway. What part of Grenada do you recommend if we're looking for somewhere fairly secluded near a not-too-crowded beach or beaches? We'd like to do things like hike, swim, kayak, fish, and snorkel, ideally within walking distance of wherever we stay, but we're considering renting a car, and if we don't, we're ok with taking buses or taxis to get around.

As far as specific accommodations go, we're looking for somewhere to stay that is not a resort, is fairly secluded, and ideally is under $1000/week. Again, if we could walk or bike to nearby restaurants, beaches, etc., that would be ideal, but isn't our top priority.

Anyone have any good (or bad) experiences with places to stay that fit this description? Or any other general advice/recommendations? Thanks!

West Midlands
Level Contributor
379 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Grenada

Have a look at Petite Anse. We went three years ago and are going back again this year

Toronto
Level Contributor
824 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Grenada

We really like Coral Cove Cottages in Lance aux Epines - you will need a car as its off the main bus routes and a pretty good hike to the main road.

We've been there on three trips, the most recent in Dec 2012, it's clean, quiet, has good snorkeling right off the jetty and gives you the flexibility of dining in or exploring some local spots. June/July will be off-season and nice and quiet.

Might tick many of the boxes you're looking for.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
127 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Grenada

Coyaba Hotel is very central on the beautiful Grand Anse Beach. Petit Anse is in the country and way away form everything, but nice just the same. Lance Aux Epines Cottages in Lance Aux Epines is a great small hotel, quiet beach and location. Not too far from the popular spots.

Mentioned in this post
Lance Aux Epines
Lance Aux Epines
8 Reviews
Grenada
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Grenada

I love Petite Anse up north and it is certainly secluded and just so chill. Only thing I would caution is the sea up there tends to be rough if you are looking to do water activities.

LAE Cottages as enjoyingthesweetlife suggested are self-catering cottages. The beach there is calm and I think they have kayaks. Absolutely lovely staff and you can even request your housekeeper to cook you some local meals. This hotel has been like a home away from home for us. There are some restaurants you can walk to, and the Grand Anse area are just a short ride away. If you decide on this hotel I can give you more tips. :-)

Le Phare Bleu is another nice small property, but the location is pretty isolated. You are kind of stuck there for meals.

Bristol, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Grenada

We went to Grenada a few years ago and stayed at a beautiful place near Sauters www.ownersdirect.co.uk/caribbean/CB265.htm

It was necessary to have a car to get around but the beaches there were just out of this world. The couple we rented our suite from were British and recommended plenty of things to see and do. Their property overlooked some little islands and it was just gorgeous. We loved the area and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends and family. Looking forward to going back again soon :)

Bristol, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Grenada

We went to Grenada a few years ago and stayed at a beautiful place near Sauters www.ownersdirect.co.uk/caribbean/CB265.htm

It was necessary to have a car to get around but the beaches there were just out of this world. The couple we rented our suite from were British and recommended plenty of things to see and do. Their property overlooked some little islands and it was just gorgeous. We loved the area and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends and family. Looking forward to going back again soon :)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
179 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Grenada

When are you getting married? The reason I ask is because you mention wanting to visit when it's not as crowded. Me and my husband were just in Grenada last week (start of "high season") and it was amazing how FEW tourists there were. Granted, we were staying at The Flamboyant which is on the furthest end of Grand Anse away from the cruise ships. But as far as overnight tourists, we saw the same people every day and the island just wasn't that busy.

Michigan
Level Contributor
228 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Grenada

When we travel to the Caribbean we always try to find something - condo, apt., cottage, house, etc. through either homeaway.com or owners direct, also vbro. We like to have the option of cooking locally bought food or making sandwiches for picnics on the beach. We stayed up the hill from Grand Anse on the golf course @ one time, but future reports lead me to believe the original owners retired and the place has become run-down. So this year we have rented Hideaway Cottages @ the end of Grand Anse. We like to use the local bus system - it is a lot of fun. Taxis are also reasonable & you can find one just about anywhere. We also rent a car for a week, but be forewarned they drive on the wrong side of the road & there are roundabouts.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Grenada

We stayed at Woburn Villa on our last trip in 2011 and are booked in again for Feb - Mar 2013. Yvonne is a fabulous hostess - and the apartments are unbelievable - what you see in the pictures is what you get! Full kitchen, balcony, good location - although you would need to rent a car or take the bus to the beach or shopping. There is a great little store close by - plus some little snackettes. We just rented a car - and travelled all over. Rates are very reasonable too.

http://www.woburn-villas.com/index.htm

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Grenada

Hi we are planning to come to Grenada at Christmas / New Year and we're thinking about Seaview Apartments on Grand Anse, can anyone give any feedback on these apartments please.

Thanks Liz

Get answers to your questions about Grenada