We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking water in Grenada

Cambridge
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Drinking water in Grenada

Hello,

Your advise please. We are visiting Grenada for the first time in just a few weeks and cannot wait! Drinking water - bottled or not?

Many thanks to you all and weather updates would be great.

Kate

Toronto
Level Contributor
822 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking water in Grenada

In 4 trips, always been drinking tap water, never had an issue at all.

Winston-Salem
Level Contributor
163 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking water in Grenada

I have also never had a problem with the tap water in Grenada. Carriacou and PM do not have a public water system so bring your bottled water there (or boil the tap water and let cool prior to drinking).

Cambridge
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking water in Grenada

Thank you!

Kate

Crozet, Virginia...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking water in Grenada

I've been drinking tap water there since '95, no problems.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinking water in Grenada

All the water we were given at our hotel (ie in the restaurants and bars) was from the tap. I was fine, and never heard of anyone else being ill.

UK
Level Contributor
441 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinking water in Grenada

We drank it and the kids and were all fine. You.ll have a lovely time best Caribbean island we.ve been to off to st Lucia in may to try hope its a nice as grenada but grenada will be hard to beat. If you get time fly to Carriacou for the day def worth it

Cambridge
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinking water in Grenada

Thanks so much.

Not much longer to wait now; we leave on Thursday!

I would definitely like to try the trip to carriacou; did you fly or ferry?

Hope you enjoy st Lucia, we visited 2 years ago,in fact our eldest daughter was married there. Our favourite Caribbean island thus far is Antigua, I'm hoping Grenada will be even better!

Thanks again

Kate

UK
Level Contributor
441 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinking water in Grenada

Hi we got married in Antigua and then honeymoon in Barbados but grenada beat them too its beautiful quiet and lovely people and very very safe. We flew to Carriacou takes 20mins in a 7 seater plane beautiful views we then got a taxi which wait at the airport took us to the town we got the 7.00 amish flight in the morning and flew back about 5.00pm lovely day we had a boat trip to sandy island it was all so lovely email if you need any further info we flew with svg we phone the airport once me got there from the hotel and booked over the phone but hewn get chance I.d book b4 you go their website is svgair only as it gets booked very quickly we struggled to get seats you can fly to the grenadines too same way I would def do that next time. What did you think of st lucia

UK
Level Contributor
441 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinking water in Grenada

Hi we got married in Antigua and then honeymoon in Barbados but grenada beat them too its beautiful quiet and lovely people and very very safe. We flew to Carriacou takes 20mins in a 7 seater plane beautiful views we then got a taxi which wait at the airport took us to the town we got the 7.00 amish flight in the morning and flew back about 5.00pm lovely day we had a boat trip to sandy island it was all so lovely email if you need any further info we flew with svg we phone the airport once me got there from the hotel and booked over the phone but hewn get chance I.d book b4 you go their website is svgair only as it gets booked very quickly we struggled to get seats you can fly to the grenadines too same way I would def do that next time. What did you think of st lucia

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinking water in Grenada

I visitde Antigua in 2007, and just went to Grenada a few weeks ago. Grenada is the clear winner! Much more to do, and found the people to be friendlier. I can compare again, as I am getting married in Antigua in April. (if I only I visited Grenada sooner lol).

Have fun :)